Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hololsun HS510 on a 10/22?

SteelCityShooter

Wow, great info.  I had not seen that mount before and it seems to be just what's needed to keep the 510 from overpowering the 10/22.   Thank you!

I guess that leads to another question, how fragile is the 510 with the shroud removed?  I won't be tossing it into a barrel at 3-gun matches or dropping it onto the ground intentionally but will it take standard handling without the shroud?

Edited by SteelCityShooter

The Taccom 10/22 mount for my stripped down 510c arrived and I installed it on my 10/22.   The sight bolted up to the mount and the mount screwed to the 10/22, both perfectly.   The 510 does look a bit big on the 10/22 but not awkwardly so and the field of view is huge.  Removing the shroud reduced the frame around the window by a lot so the view is even better.   I haven't shot it yet (it was -6 here yesterday and the snow accumulation is still pretty deep) but I have great expectations it will be very satisfactory.

• 3 weeks later...

I run the 510 with the shroud and the mount and Have not noticed that much of a difference in shooting, at least for me.  I thought about the direct mount, but I wanted to be able to easily swap the optic to my backup gun should something go wrong during a match.  My backup is my RFRI gun and (aside from the sights) they are twins.  So I can swap the optic or the irons back and forth and not see large deviations in accuracy.