Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Penn State Football

Bear1142

Great job! Now Joe Paterno can retire! I have nothing personal against Joe. The only problem is Bobby Bowden will not retire until he has secured the title of Winningest Coach in College Football. Joe is right on his heels, so he won't go (although, if he keeps Jeff Bowden on as offensive (I'm offended) coordinator, Joe will overtake him soon anyway).

At this point, I can only hope that we lose (yes, lose) the rest of the season. Maybe then, someone in charge will listen to what EVERYONE is saying and get a new offensive coordinator--hopefully someone with a little imagination. I'm not saying Jeff should be jobless--he would make a fine head coach for some high school somewhere.

At this point, I can only hope that we lose (yes, lose) the rest of the season. Maybe then, someone in charge will listen to what EVERYONE is saying and get a new offensive coordinator--hopefully someone with a little imagination. I'm not saying Jeff should be jobless--he would make a fine head coach for some high school somewhere.

He could join his little brother Terry (former Auburn head coach) as a commentator...he's bound to be better than Lou Holtz.

Hmmm....where to begin...

Bring on USC!

Sorry, but PSU is projected to play Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl. IF we win out, we're proejcted to play Texas for our 3rd straight National Championship. :o

PSU is having a good year. Unfortunately, all of their players are seniors and they're finally playing after a miserable 3-4 year run. Heck, this is PSU's first Big-10 title since the 90's. But a great year nonetheless. Like most everyone else outside of Happy Valley, I would like to see Coach Paterno to retire. The question is what he would do and what will college football do without him? It's going to be weird when all the old war horses leave, and Coach Paterno is one of the best.

So to everyone supporting PSU. Know that you'll have to have a great game in Tempe against Notre Dame. 1) Notre Dame is huge in AZ; 2) Their fans travel and this will be like a home game for them; 3) Tickets are cheap (I think $85 each) and you can get some shooting in if you go; and 4) the refs will probably be with them (personal philosophy based on Notre Dame being all that is wrong with college football).

Erik, yep, congrats to Joe Pa on a great season (and a SHARE of the Big Ten title :P ). I gotta agree with Rich though... that it's gonna be USC/UT in the title game...

Rich, first, you guys almost got surprised last weekend!! Better pay attention!!! Also, assuming you make the Rose Bowl, I'm considering going, but first need to practice my best 'HOOK EM HORNS' moves... :D

After the interview on Game Day last Saturday, I don't think that Joe Pa is going to step down. That's really too bad as he is losing the Seniors, and really is more of a figurehead than coach these days. I can't imagine he will have a better year than this one in the near future. I just hope that someone talks some sense into him before he hangs around too long and goes out like my favorite coach out of Columbus.... :(