Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SW Major Pistol for 38 super?

donno

I have used AA7 for 38 super for as long as I have been reloading. It fills up the case and produces lots of gas so the big comp and popple holes are happy. I have found some SW Major Pistol for a fall back in case I run out of AA7. Anybody have info on using MP for 38 super. I have a few folks I shoot with that use a ton of it for 9 major but don't know any shooters that use it for 38? What say the BE crowd? tia

You have plenty of case capacity, so I wouldn't sweat a slower batch of SWMP.  If you are worried about not finding AA7 when you need it, buy some SWMP now.  You can always sell it later if you find AA7.  BTW, I've been searching for AA7 for four months and found none available.

On 1/3/2022 at 10:33 AM, zzt said:

You have plenty of case capacity, so I wouldn't sweat a slower batch of SWMP.  If you are worried about not finding AA7 when you need it, buy some SWMP now.  You can always sell it later if you find AA7.  BTW, I've been searching for AA7 for four months and found none available.

Aint this the truth. i bought 16 lbs of it march of 21 and havnet been able to find it since