Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik

broadus123

• 3 weeks later...

I would use it on the plate, might not with the dot.  Depending on the screws used.  I've already stripped screw heads trying to get the dot off.  I've actually changed the screws to better ones.  

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-M3-0-5-x-8-mm-Zinc-Plated-Plain-Metric-Socket-Cap-Screw-3-Piece-per-Bag-803178/204808022

The 8mm is fine, you can get away with the 6mm and the 10mm would be the max.  The 10mm would definitely have a strong purchase on the threads as it would use all of them.

• 2 months later...

I recently picked up a Rival and mounted the plate and an optic on it. Nowhere in the Canik owner's manual does it say to use a threadlocker when installing the Canik supplied screws. Perhaps the reasoning is there are lock washers that come with the Canik supplied screws.  So I installed both the plate and optic with the screws/lockwashers as supplied by Canik.  About a 1,000 rounds thru the gun and no issues. Have checked the optic screws with torque screwdriver and they remain at the installed setting. 

Plate screws are covered by the optic. But the way the Canik plate is designed, I don't think it is going anywhere.

Just sayin'