Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

good price on used tso

cheapCZowner

11 minutes ago, cheapCZowner said:

why are to 40sw more popular than the 9mm? (forgive my ignorance)

.40 qualifies for major power factor in USPSA for Limited division.  9mm does not.  Other than being a great range toy, USPSA Limited division is where this gun really shines.  

When I was shooting 3 gun I had a 9mm upper for mine that I shot that sport with.  In USPSA major rules in Limited.

On 12/12/2021 at 8:12 PM, aandabooks said:

About right once all the fees and shipping got tacked on but the sale price was pretty good.  You probably got it a little lower because it is a 9mm.  

Oddly I have found the opposite. Most folks buying these guns aren't competing in USPSA/IPSC and in the US 9mm is much more popular than .40. The store I bought my TSO in .40 had one in 9mm for $300 more. The guy said the dropped the price on the .40 TSOs because, "None one buys .40 anymore." He then went on to blather about stopping power or whatever. I kinda tuned the guy out and went about filling out my 4473 after that.

I got one for about 250 less on GB not too long ago (40). For 9mm TSO's used I've seen them go for a few hundred less than that listing but you have to be patient. Pretty frequently I see the old TS model in 9mm go for around 1k on GB.