Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornday Lock-N-Load, Cases Getting Hung Up

I have problems with cases getting stuck at station 5 and not dropping into the bin. I frequently have to manually remove the case from the shell plate

and drop it in the bin. Any fix for this? Should I consider a very minimal filing on the sub plate where the shells are getting hung up?  Thanks.

No, it is mounted solidly. And I'm just resizing the cases.  I put in a call to Hornady several weeks ago.  I was told that the weight of the loaded round is required to have

cartridges exit into the bin.  But even loaded rounds get hung up, though not as often as with empty resized cases.

Cleaned before depriming. I agree that the press should work with loaded and empty cases. I may call Hornady back to discuss this further. I wonder if all the  dimensions of  my subplate (8 years old) are identical to the ones Hornady sells now. Or have they tweaked it. 

I have a Hornady LnL with a 8 year old (at least) shell plate and the only time I have a problem is when it is dirty of has a bad spot in the spring.  I have started using an o-ring instead of the spring.

Is this a new LnL or has it been working in the past? 

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

It is not a new Lock-N-Load, about 8 years old. . This is not a new problem, though I can't remember if it has always been a problem. I will try putting in a new spring. Perhaps try using an O ring, also.

1 hour ago, Tunachaser said:

I have a Hornady LnL with a 8 year old (at least) shell plate and the only time I have a problem is when it is dirty of has a bad spot in the spring.  I have started using an o-ring instead of the spring.

Is this a new LnL or has it been working in the past? 

what size o-ring and where did you get it?

• 1 month later...