Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2 Orange springs in box

adovlad

FWIW, this was posted by a Mod at the Shadow 2 Owners' Facebook page:

According to an official answer from CZ sent to a member of us (see the screenshot as a post), the springs in the box are the following: 2 spare main spring: 11 and 13 lb. (Installed original is between 16-20 lb). 2 spare recoil springs 13 and 16 lb. In my opinion the correct answer is: 2 pcs 13 lb recoil springs are in the box with 13lb and 16lb main springs. Also there is a weaker firing pin spring. Because CZ doesn't label the springs, nobody knows the 100% correct answer.

For my Orange, I simply replaced the stock springs with CZC and/or CGW aftermarket springs based on my needs.

👍

3 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

FWIW, this was posted by a Mod at the Shadow 2 Owners' Facebook page:

For my Orange, I simply replaced the stock springs with CZC and/or CGW aftermarket springs based on my needs.

👍

measuring 8 different (new)  springs some time ago I noticed that the values from the 3 different brands were of by at least 2-3 pounds.

So spring with a certain compressed length and advertised as 16 pound springs would give the same value as springs advertised as 13 pounds at that same length.

I have had springs with the same value from the same manufacturer that were 2 pounds of.

I personally could not find any logical correlation between the advertised values, the actual value and the installed height when springs were mounted in the gun.

I'm talking about hammer springs here but I have no reason to believe mainsprings are any different (better)

I wished manufactures (aftermarket springs and guns) would state how they rate their springs. That wouldn't be to hard as this is standard for (f.i.) valve springs.

With a hammer spring I can measure changes, with a main spring it's trail and error.

In shooting we are talking about grains, grams and  1/100th of millimeters that could make a difference but with springs we are left in the dark.

Thanks guys, but there actually 3 sets different springs

I was able to matched 2 to my sp 01 , which had 11 and 13, and it's pretty close, minus the fitted slide friction. 

all in all im very happy and not planning to replace them

And S2 orange already had comp hammer, only thing is short reach is missing

19 minutes ago, adovlad said:

As posted by CZ USA in the Orange's description:

Turning the Shadow 2 up a notch, the biggest addition on the Orange is a barrel bushing that increases slide-to-barrel fit, resulting in tighter groups. Not as obvious is a factory-tuned trigger with short reset and the hand-fitting of the slide and frame.

I asked Angus at CZC about the short reset, and his comment was "I believe it has a form of short reset".........

🤔

19 hours ago, adovlad said:

Thanks guys, but there actually 3 sets different springs

I was able to matched 2 to my sp 01 , which had 11 and 13, and it's pretty close, minus the fitted slide friction. 

all in all im very happy and not planning to replace them

So is this a used gun? I've only heard of them coming with 4 total extra springs, 2 each of the recoil and hammer springs. That's what mine came with also. Can you post a picture of the springs you got?

2 hours ago, jejb said:

So is this a used gun? I've only heard of them coming with 4 total extra springs, 2 each of the recoil and hammer springs. That's what mine came with also. Can you post a picture of the springs you got?

i will try to post after work

i try before, but coynot do files to large

3 sets total including the one in the slide, and they all different. My orange is new, manufacturer's date 2019

20 hours ago, adovlad said:

i will try to post after work

i try before, but coynot do files to large

3 sets total including the one in the slide, and they all different. My orange is new, manufacturer's date 2019

Oh, I get you now. You're including the springs in the gun. I was talking about the extra recoil and hammer springs only. 

• 1 year later...

CZ Shadow 2 Orange has been equipped with the following:

13 recoil spring 

16 main spring

Inside the set, there are:

11 and 13 recoil spring

13 and 16 main spring

(shorter is a smaller number)

I recommend immediately changing to 11 (recoil) and 13 (main).

In fact, I've changed my recoil spring to 9 and main to 11 which works perfectly with heavy ammo (150).

Next week I will also change the 2 remaining springs to competition -15%.

It makes a hell of a difference so far with my splits being more accurate.

• 11 months later...

Because CZ doesn't label the springs, nobody knows the 100% correct answer.

This is because they do not know how to write the numbers of the pounds  of the springs  in English.😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 3:36 AM, ES13Raven said:

I bought the Armanov Handgun Recoil Spring Tester, and here is what I found:
Installed Recoil Spring = 13.3#

Longer Recoil Spring = 11#

Shorter Recoil Spring = 10.8#

This makes it harder because I thought the shorter the spring is the shorter the tension.

I just got a brand new CZ Shadow Orange last week and disassembled it as I find the installed springs very hard for me specially the recoil spring. 

Then I see that both the recoil spring and main spring are shorter than the ones that came with the package. So I ended up just putting them back together and thinking that the lowest tension springs are the one it came pre installed with.