Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL1100 300 BO and 223 conversion kit similarities

Good morning Cooper - I am going to say no for a coupe of reasons - but I stand to be corrected by anyone here who knows better.
1> The powder funnel would be different because the case opening is larger on the 300 and

2> Dillon Precision shows two completely different numbers for each CC kit on their website (20485 vs. 62374).

3> The case feed sleeve that goes into you case feed system would be different because the 300 is shorter.

Edited by Sigarmsp226

compare the two kits . you will find you only need 2 maybe 3 parts to build the other.

this should be quite a savings over buying two complete kits.  i believe you will only need powder funnel,

and the two case feed parts. case hold down could be eliminated or purchase a universal one.

AHI and Dan - Great points that I had not thought about.  

With the costs of everything related to reloading (especially Dillon Precision items) continuing to go up this is a great way to save a few bucks…..I will have to remember this as I add additional calibers to my XL650 reloading group (I use my 650 for many calibers because I have quite a few tool heads, stands, and some caliber conversion kits….)

Another learning opportunity for me….. 

Alright so here are my findings. I knew the 223 XL750 kit would work for 300 Blackout. The only thing I change was to an AK powder funnel and I was in business. 

Now on to the RL1100. I use a #3 shell plate the same for .223 and the white, pinned case feed insert. It works just fine for 300 blackout. I use a universal FW Arms swage foot die and that is perfect. All I do is swap out tool heads. This is a savings of 600$ or more. Pass this along to anyone that is interested. 

• 3 months later...

This is a great resource to see which parts can interchange instead of buying multiple conversion kits. Gun wiki Dillon conversion chart

While not completely up to date it has the popular stuff. Good rule of thumb is if you need a shell plate probably should get the kit. Although with Dillon raising prices substantially on 1050/1100 conversions you may want to do the math.