Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C&H Speed Feed Pro - brass

Whitefish

If it doesn't, it'd be DANGED close.  The backstrap channel on the 4 and 5 are nearly identical.  There's a tiny bit more "meat" around the back of the magwell on the 5, owing to the "flare" of the magwell, but it's so close that an Xacto would fix any issue.  Plus, the extra meat is on the outside of the grip, not the inside of the channel.

Magwells.thumb.jpg.581c02e1420a3b102bdbe3a326cd94f7.jpg

9 hours ago, Whitefish said:

The C&H web site only lists the Speed Feed Pro - brass for Gen 5 G17's. Does anyone know if they will also work seamlessly in a Gen 4 G17? Thought I would ask here before calling or e-mailing C&H. Thanks.

Their website says it fits Gen 4.

It does look nice, and I’d like to add one to my Gen5, and even better if it fits both Gen4!& Gen5 so I can try it in my G34 & G41. But, for some reason I just can’t bring myself to spend that much money for a 2.5 ounces of hidden brass. I also couldn’t find where it says it fits both the Gen4 & Gen5. 

As CharlieD helpfully pointed out to me in a message last night, the answer was actually in a reply to a post on their Instagram feed on the bottom of one web-page (Boomsquad). The poster wanted to know if it would fit Gen 3 and they replied, no, only Gen 4 and 5. Here is a link to that. Sure would be helpful if it clearly stated that on the product page. I also found that Robin Taylor stated on his website page for Seattle Slugs that he will have a redesigned Seattle Slug back in stock by the end of the year. No word on what that redesign entails though.

3 hours ago, Cuz said:

It does look nice, and I’d like to add one to my Gen5, and even better if it fits both Gen4!& Gen5 so I can try it in my G34 & G41. But, for some reason I just can’t bring myself to spend that much money for a 2.5 ounces of hidden brass. I also couldn’t find where it says it fits both the Gen4 & Gen5. 

Yeah, that's where I am. I spent $103 on like a pound of various tungsten disks, cubes and balls to pack into the cavity of a few glocks I have and then epoxy in place. I already put 1.5 oz into a large backstrap using the disks and will likely put another 4-5 into the grip cavity.

But obviously, this is a more permanent solution than the brass plug but I want to maximize the weight. But I plan to do a silicon carbide grip so I'm not opposed to permanent mods.