Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Marvel .22 Conversion For Svi And 1911?

PistolPete

I want to buy my wife another .22 pistol but there isn't anything that she likes so I thought I would just get a .22 conversion for a 1911 and she would be happy. Then I started thinking if I buy the conversion for a 1911 will it work on my double stack SVI? She doesn't like the SVI because it is too wide for her hands that is why I'm not just getting it for this. Plus, if I get it for my SV then I'll never get to shoot it. What I wanted to know is if I buy the conversion for a 1911 can I just buy a few Marvel SV mags and use it for both guns? Which model would I have to buy model 1 or 2? I would rather buy the cheaper of the 2 if I could as I know it won't get used too often.

Thanks in advance,

Pete :ph34r:

I know for sure the Unit 1 fits both the 1911 frame and the STI/SV frame..ran mine on both till I dedicated a frame to it. my unit one is on an STI frame with a single stack mag grip..works great..

I would think the Unit 2 would run with both style of mags too..

Edited by eerw

I contacted Marvel and they said both units will fit. Basically the unit 1 is more accurate than unit 2 but for the $100 I will save I can deal with it being less accurate. After all it is mostly going to be used for my wife. I'll use it on occasion but won't compete with it or anything.

Pete

Get the unit 1 for the STI/SV and extra mags for it. Then just remove the spacers when you want to put it on her gun. Not having to buy two sets of mags will more than make up the $100 difference between the two.