Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RFI: Anybody using the Mark VII 14” Casefeeder?

I’m loading 9x19 and I’m about fed up with my current casefeeder. I’m ready to buy once/cry once if I can get more reliability. The $1200 for the 14” casefeeder that comes on the Mark VIII Revolution would be worth it to me if it’s pretty reliable, for instance no more waterfalls and less than 1:1000 upside down cases, and the ability to fill it with more than two handfuls of cases before the motor stalls out.

I’m not too worried about speed, but is this thing pretty reliable? It would be going on a Mark VII Evolution, Dillon Super 1050, and the small motorized Rollsizer.

Thanks,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

I have one on my evolution. I was fed up with the jamming problem with the stock case feeder that came with the evolution. Even with the 3-D printed fix, 9 mm cases would lock up the feeder frequently, and I’d get those brass waterfalls.   The 14 works much better. It can handle lots more cases. I have not had any upside down cases or falls.  I have used it with 9 mm only so far.  It’s just very expensive obviously. 

Thanks for the feedback! It is sort of expensive ($1300 or so shipped) but I paid $3k for a Evo, $1600 for a Super 1050 a few years ago, and $1600 for a rollsizer. The weak link in all of them is the casefeeder. If I can get a big, fast, nasty, 99.99% reliable casefeeder to support all the operations I need it for $1200 is worth the cost.

Had one for over a year.

Showed up and most of the 3D printed parts were broken.

Sent it back but never got the electrical  plug back.  No way to power it. No reply on emails in over a year.

Case feeder and motor seemed well made.

3D printing was shoddy.

Customer service was good at first but then non existent.

MkMckinley - I had a Evolution for about 6-8 months and I, like you quickly gave up on the Mark 7 stock  Hornady Case Feeder that came with my Evo unit. I replaced mine with a variable speed Dillon case feeder and it fit perfectly onto the case feeder pole system that came with my Evo…..and it ran flawlessly…..

Something you might want to consider because the variable speed unit is much faster than the old Dillon Casefeeder and I think you could get one shipped with the required shell plate for less than $500.00 - saving you a little coin….Just a thought…Mark

Edited by Sigarmsp226

14 hours ago, ggrosspoint said:

Had one for over a year.

Showed up and most of the 3D printed parts were broken.

Sent it back but never got the electrical  plug back.  No way to power it. No reply on emails in over a year.

Case feeder and motor seemed well made.

3D printing was shoddy.

Customer service was good at first but then non existent.

Are you referring to the Hornady casefeeder? , the new variable Mk 7 casefeeder, or the $1300 MA Mk7 casefeeder?