Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA Tac Ultra FS HC & Taylor Freelance Fattie Magwell Issue

kwelhand

I brought Taylor Freelance Fattie Magwell & mag extension for my RIA Tac Ultra after watching this video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ0yufKNzLc

Unfortunately, Taylor Freelance mag extension doesn't fit with their magwell.

After searching for hours, it seems like I have to modify the frame or magwell but couldn't find any instruction how.

Does anyone know what I have to modify in order make both work on my RIA?

The magwell fits great but obviously mag w/ extension wouldn't lock up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

I think I'd call Taylor Freelance and see what they have to say about it.  My guess is that they will be able to get you going very quickly.  I have a RIA PRO Match Ultra HC (.40 cal) and have been considering doing what you've done so I'd be interested in reading your response from Taylor and the solution to your issue.  Good luck!

7 minutes ago, Aiden said:

Did your gun come with a magwell from the factory? Which version of the magwell did you buy from TF?

image.png.7b0e39e2ede96df7eafd52079888053b.png

This might be relevant?

image.png.580e11a735fac5dd04e1c5db64e9060b.png

Yeah, I read that too... mine came with a magwell and it's just std Tac Ultra FS HC.

I read many people successfully modified and installed it but no one shared the instruction or video :( 

Are you using the "Tall" Fattie magwell? The "Tall" version requires you to use longer mag tubes to prevent baseplates from hitting. Your magwell is "RI-MWT" which makes me think it's the Tall version.

If your factory RIA came with a magwell, you already have a cut back frame. So I'm guessing you'll need the standard Fattie magwell, not the Tall. Pretty sure those are marked "RI-MW"
https://taylorfreelancestore.com/rock-island-fattie-speed-well-aluminum/

20 minutes ago, Aiden said:

Are you using the "Tall" Fattie magwell? The "Tall" version requires you to use longer mag tubes to prevent baseplates from hitting. Your magwell is "RI-MWT" which makes me think it's the Tall version.

If your factory RIA came with a magwell, you already have a cut back frame. So I'm guessing you'll need the standard Fattie magwell, not the Tall. Pretty sure those are marked "RI-MW"
https://taylorfreelancestore.com/rock-island-fattie-speed-well-aluminum/

Dang~ you're actually correct.

I ordered the wrong part 😭

You're so right.... I got the tall version WIHTOUT the magwell 😭😭