Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark IV magazine hacks

Bmans45

40 minutes ago, Bmans45 said:

Anybody have any good tuning ideas for 22/45 magazines? 

Go to TasndemKross.com.  They have an excellent video on tuning the magazines.  Just  little polishing, some grinding with your Dremel a little sandpaper and some Mother's Milk and you are all set.  

2 hours ago, motosapiens said:

? we just bought them and put ammo in them and they ran perfectly. Maybe we are doing it wrong.

I am glad that’s all you have to do . I have two that are jamming in both my steel Challenge guns. 

I've found the new Stainless magazines are working great right from the factory.  I had to tune my blued ones.  I had a few that would not work after tuning so I took them apart and will use their interiors for replacements when one of the good magazines gets weak.

The secret is to polish the mag outside and inside where the button rides.  I used a fine diamond file.  Some people also polish the button surfaces, mine have run 100% for a decade without doing that.  You also need to clean them after every match, I have a stainless steel brush I use for that.  You can feel the difference after the polishing and they don't make noise when the button slides.

Edited by CocoBolo

• 4 months later...

When I purchased my MKIV 22/45 lite, it was extremely picky.  After determining it was a magazine problem, I modified my magazines as suggested by the popular Tandemkross video.  By far, the most effective mod has been to change the OEM mag springs to the VQ 25% stronger spring, and replace the OEM mag buttons with VQ buttons.  Check out this video I posted on youtube demonstrating the modification and its results.

https://youtu.be/SdrG7CHRJ6Y

• 4 weeks later...