Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2 Orange

rowdyb

17 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I'm running an 11# hammer spring and the stock firing pin. I will install a 2075 firing pin spring. Currently though the gun (11# hammer, 11# recoil) sets off CCI small rifle and two different NATO/milspec rounds I found that fell off a truck. Wink wink.

Observations from today. It is a tiny bit heaver, like 1/4 ounce at the very end due to the bushing I'm sure. I am getting a little bit of brass shavings and marking around the ejection port and on the extractor's exterior. It is ludicrously easy for me to shoot 10 shot groups that are fist sized at 25 yards when just shooting the sights as they return. The timing of the slide in the frame still is "different" due to it being slowish from its tight fit.

Still a successful 400 rounds through it today.

Hmm, reading that, now I'm on the fence about throwing a dedicated optic upper onto my S2O frame. I have a separate S2 slide/barrel assembly with an SRO mounted to it, and wanted to have them hot-swappable. Now I am worried that this will possibly affect the fitting if there's some tolerancing differences. 

1 hour ago, porkster said:

Hmm, reading that, now I'm on the fence about throwing a dedicated optic upper onto my S2O frame. I have a separate S2 slide/barrel assembly with an SRO mounted to it, and wanted to have them hot-swappable. Now I am worried that this will possibly affect the fitting if there's some tolerancing differences. 

I thought about this too, but wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the S2O?

It negates the hand fitting and the bushing.

6 hours ago, porkster said:

Think of it as no different than to swapping onto any other frame. Just now you know which way the tolerance is stacked.

I'm running 9lb recoil and hammer springs in my gun from ipsc4you (Germany). After struggling to find springs that weigh the advertised amount, Greg got that right. Cajun also does a good job that way too. 

In my experience the longer the spring, the lighter the spring, longer with thinner wire. Shorter with thicker. That includes the factory springs I've bothered to test before tossing them