Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA RULE on Conversion .40 to 9mm

mtwain56

I'd want to shoot IDPA with my "carry" gun which is compact Glock 23 ".40 caliber" converted to 9mm. The barrel is not Glock OME.

The Rule for ESP says:

"Replacement of barrel with one of factory configuration that uses a stock or non-stock cartridge."

What does that mean?  My question is Is it ok?

Edited by mtwain56
Title IDPA Added, Also "compact ". Q. What does that mean?

On 3/12/2021 at 9:58 AM, mtwain56 said:

8.2.2.2 ESP Permitted Features and Modifications (Inclusive list):

{snip}

I. Replacement of barrel with one of factory configuration that uses a stock or non-stock cartridge.

Your setup sounds fine based on this. Non-stock cartridges are allowed, and assuming your barrel isn't ported or a bull barrel or something, it would be of factory configuration.

On 3/12/2021 at 11:58 AM, mtwain56 said:

The Rule for ESP says:

"Replacement of barrel with one of factory configuration that uses a stock or non-stock cartridge."

What does that mean?  My question is Is it ok?

Does the new barrel fit in the pistol exactly like the old barrel except for the chambering?  Yes: it's good.  No: it's no good.

Noticed it doesn't say it has to be an OEM barrel.

This is one of the clearest rules in the IDPA book, which is sort of small miracle.

Edited by SGT_Schultz

4 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Does the new barrel fit in the pistol exactly like the old barrel except for the chambering?  Yes: it's good.  No: it's no good.

Noticed it doesn't say it has to be an OEM barrel.

This is one of the clearest rules in the IDPA book, which is sort of small miracle.

Actually, looks the same (w/ polygonal rifling), fits & chambers the same . Bringing it to IDPA intro course next week. If there is any problem with 23/19 I'll post it here.. Thanks again, LP

8 hours ago, mtwain56 said:

Actually, looks the same (w/ polygonal rifling), fits & chambers the same . Bringing it to IDPA intro course next week. If there is any problem with 23/19 I'll post it here.. Thanks again, LP

Don't say or ask anything.  It's legal.  If someone challenges you, force them to dig through their rulebook.

It's always fun to do that.