Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo & Component Shortages Elsewhere?

Farmer

Here in the pHilippines coated heads take 2-3 moths to have your order delivered. Reason is demand outpaces supply. But I believe lead raw material is shortage. Primer and powder prices had gone up. But due to covid, level 1 matches only are allowed so supply vs demand are balancing out but not the prices. 

eta. Prices of heads also has gone up 

Edited by BoyGlock

Sort of.  But you can find primers.  The store I buy from  currently has Ginex primers in stock with CCI’s and S&B showing up regularly.  The SV dealer in Quebec has federals but at a price I have not seen yet, not outrageous but it’s going up. Nobody else has them.  Basically if it’s made in the US supply is a problem.

Powder isn’t a issue as far as I can tell but I use VV and it’s still around, price hasn’t changed.

We have a Plated bullet manufacturer and their inventory is always hit or miss but they show up eventually.  Jacketed aren’t made here so that might be problematic.

Processed brass has gone up -the guy who is doing it up here is expanding like crazy and looks to be getting into the jacketed market.  He is charging up here what he can sell if for in the US so that will hurt some local guys.

I don’t look too much but I see email flyers where ammo is still in stock but at higher prices. Nobody is shooting much.  Indoor ranges are closed in some provinces, handguns can only be shot on approved ranges and gun licenses take 3-5 months to get.  With no classes at the moment due to lockdowns in some provinces.