Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Sources

DanB35

I'd expect this to be a FAQ, but I don't see it over there. I've been shooting cast bullets for the last 18 months or so, and they work fine, but they're a bit messy. I'm now looking for an economical supplier of jacketed bullets. I currently shoot 230 gr RN, but I could work with 200s as well. I guess, given the weight, that a supplier that either has free shipping or is located in or near Ohio would be a good idea.

I've checked out Montana Gold and Precision Delta. What other sources are available? Thanks for any suggestions!

Also check Cabela's for discounted prices...they ship by price with a maximum of $13.95 charged rather than by weight so if you're buying a quantity, they can become quite attractive even if the base price isn't the cheapest. They carry Rainier's (plated, not FMJ) cheaper than Midway.

/Bryan

edit to add...Oops, forgot about National Bullet mentioned below - Eastlake OH...15% discount the last 2 weekends if you're on their mailing list. Only thing funky is they'll only ship 1500 in a Priority box whereas everyone else puts 2k in...since the 500 boxes are disproportionately priced compared to the 1000 units, you don't get the most reasonable shipping. I'll be trying their copper wash (plated?) this weekend.

Edited by Canuck-IL