Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lurker Coming Out

flagaman

Hello. My user name is flagaman and I am a lurker. Well I guess It's time to come out of the closet! Have been reading posts here off and on since I became interested in USPSA shooting. I have reloaded and shot rifles and pistols for many years, but I just this year started competing.

I started with what I have, a Browning HP, and have had a blast. I have done fair at our local club level with the HP, but recently decided I would like to shoot my Smith 686. Horse of a different color! So have started reading hard in the revo section to try catching up. I am a well seasoned shooter (that means OLD) so will probably ask and make some rather dumb comments and questions from time to time. Please be patient.

Best to all.

Howard F. from Missouri

Hey Howard, glad to have you on board. This is a great community. I have gotten to know many of the guys active on the revolver forum by shooting with them at matches around the country (but mostly here in the midwest), along with a bunch of good non-roundgun shooters as well--really a great bunch!

So where are you competing?

Mike

Edited by Carmoney

Hey Howard, glad to have you on board. This is a great community. I have gotten to know many of the guys active on the revolver forum by shooting with them at matches around the country (but mostly here in the midwest), along with a bunch of good non-roundgun shooters as well--really a great bunch!

So where are you competing?

Mike

Hello and thanks Mike. Have read many of your posts and see you are an accomplished shooter as is your young son. Congratulations sir. I have just shot at the local club in Joplin. The club has been active a long while, but in the last year or so we have started shooting USPSA again. I have joined USPSA but am a long way from being classified. We usually shoot once a month with only one classifier. I have shot a few, but with a different pistol everytime. Plan on concentrating on the revolver exclusively.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard, you're going to enjoy the wheelgun thing! There are several accomplished revo shooters in OK, not sure how far they are from your area. Maybe Sam and I will catch up with you at a match one of these days. Keep Area 3 (Kansas City) in mind, it was a fantastic event this year, and it's being done by the same people again in 2006.

Mike

Hey Howard,

FYI Tonti Town AR has an indoor match once a month on a Monday night if that works for you and Fort Smith often times has a "classifier" match with 4 classifiers that might help.

Combined with the Tulsa shooters you are in a wonderful area - plenty of good shooters!

J