Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy Ruger PC Carbine firing pin spring

Tried ruger web site, google and no luck so far.  I'm getting a few light primer strikes and think I should replace the firing pin spring after about 6-7000 rounds. 

Anyone know a source ? 

You do know the Ruger PC Carbine is hammer fired not striker fired right?  The "firing pin spring" only serves to retract the firing pin between shots, it does not actually fire the gun so unless it it damaged or kinked it shouldn't matter.   

If you are getting light strikes, the hammer spring in the trigger group may need to be replaced.  Another possibility is dirt buildup in the trigger group or firing pin channel so a thorough cleaning might be sufficient.

Yes, I agree it won't change light strikes after thinking about it more. I came around to exactly the thinking you were suggesting.  Good suggestions.  

I did check the firing pin channel as I was thinking maybe it was hung up, but it was pretty clean and certainly not binding.   I think the new ammo with short fat HP bullets is sometimes causing them to not fully seat in the chamber. 

On the plus side, Ruger is sending firing pin spring and recoil spring right out free of charge.  Very good customer service upon phone call.