Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How 2 remove duracoat off 2011 mag

Nick_shoots_fast

I had been using the Easy Off Oven Cleaner in a yellow spray can for removing coatings like paint, anodizing etc. Just spray on it and leave it for a few minutes. Don’t buy the blue-colored spray can. Use it outdoors with gloves and eye protection since it’s very strong and irritating.

Buy it at Home Depot or Walmart.

483a7499-9f76-4251-aae4-72c611c464a5_2.9

I have found that whenever i get  a stubborn spray and bake finish in my shop that i want gone.... i use aircraft stripper.. you can get it at just about any autoparts store and walmart. But be careful!!!, it is in an aerosol can and if you get it on your skin it will burn. 

1 hour ago, PCPEMark said:

I have found that whenever i get  a stubborn spray and bake finish in my shop that i want gone.... i use aircraft stripper.. you can get it at just about any autoparts store and walmart. But be careful!!!, it is in an aerosol can and if you get it on your skin it will burn. 

They do make it in non aerosol form as well, or at least they used to. I bought a gallon of it years ago to strip like 10 layers of paint off an old duck hunting boat.

But yes, it's very painful to get on your skin so wear goggles and rubber gloves.