Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX buffer recoil reduction system vs Taccom adjustable recoil system

Has anybody done a side by side comparison of these two PCC buffer systems?

I’m trying decide which one to get for my next PCC project. I’m currently using a Taccom delayed blowback system.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I've got DBRS , MBX and Kynshot Hydraulic

DBRS: Gives huge strike to the shoulder and weep is trembling, but the dot movement is minimal (Like stays where you aim). + My rifle went into berserker bumpfiring mode and i still didn't managed to fix this problem.  *I'm all ears for your suggestions 

MBX: Overall almost same (on the worse end of stick) as Kynshot but without a fearing of breaking the rod + you can tinker the s#!t out of these spring combos. Dot movement a bit worse than Kynshots. Likes to be oiled. My backup buffer.

Kynshot (old 5007 version):  Medium dot movement but all other factors are the best.  

Edited by Ner

So I own TACCOM.......but I will try to give an honest assessment.

Top 3 recoil systems out there......TACCOM 3 stage adjustable, MBX 2 Stage, Blitzkrieg/kynshot

We've compared them in house here......and to be honest, we've pretty much all agreed that it's crap shoot to actually say that one is heads and shoulders better than the other 2 as far as performance goes. They were just all that close and one over the over is not going to make the difference between winning and loosing.

I am sure you will hear fanboys say that one is WAAAAAY better and that the others are junk.....not so.

It's all going to come down to cost, reliability, customer service, perceived quality.....I mean, performance as well, but like I say.....get 100 people that have the systems and I'd be willing to bet you find it split pretty even between the 3 system.

Pick a load that you want to shoot and then tune the buffer/spring combination to make it work the way you want it to.  You will likely find a 115gr 9MM setup will be vary enough from a 147gr 9MM setup that you'll need to tweak things.  As was stated earlier, each of the three can provide a reliable solution.

I been testing the MBX 2 Stage against the Blitzkrieg running 115g bullets at 130 pf. (MBX using the middle spring weight. The Blitz system using the weight).

Just recording split times with zero points down on a standard bill drill, my splits were consistently better with the Blitz. 

I have not tried using the weight on the MBX system, that my next project...

On 10/9/2020 at 8:57 PM, hiker88 said:

Thank you for the input, gentlemen.

@TRUBL, I just placed my order for your buffer system. :)  

very nice.......I'll bet we've shipped already too!!

Thank you

Tim

Edited by TRUBL
3 hours ago, jackryan said:

@TRUBL

you don't mention your Delayed Blowback Recoil System in your post...

don't you think that better than the 3 stage adjustable buffer???

love to hear your thoughts

The 3 stage is the Chevy and it is pretty much bullet proof and runs well in any application for competition with very little attention to detail and maintainence.......the delayed is a Ferrari, I personally use it in my PCC's and love the snot out of it and think it's faster and less dot bounce than anything out there.......it is not for the squeamish and while it is also bullet proof, requires attention from time to time. Going from the 3 stage to the delayed.....it's gonna screw with your cadence due to the speed and the initial feeling is that it has increase recoil......that is not the case, it's a faster impulse but same amount of energy. The delayed is a different animal for sure.

17 hours ago, TRUBL said:

The 3 stage is the Chevy and it is pretty much bullet proof and runs well in any application for competition with very little attention to detail and maintainence.......the delayed is a Ferrari, I personally use it in my PCC's and love the snot out of it and think it's faster and less dot bounce than anything out there.......it is not for the squeamish and while it is also bullet proof, requires attention from time to time. Going from the 3 stage to the delayed.....it's gonna screw with your cadence due to the speed and the initial feeling is that it has increase recoil......that is not the case, it's a faster impulse but same amount of energy. The delayed is a different animal for sure.

Can you please tell, what are the best (or any) solutions you have developed to fix extra fired shots that occurs sometimes (DBRS)? any ideas.. m.b. specific load or some coin stacking magic / anything

7 hours ago, Ner said:

Can you please tell, what are the best (or any) solutions you have developed to fix extra fired shots that occurs sometimes (DBRS)? any ideas.. m.b. specific load or some coin stacking magic / anything

Biggest issue we've seen is with hiperfire triggers.....with worn disconnects. I will not use a these triggers in mine after it went full auto on me.

Otherwise.....going with a little recoil spring has worked on people having issues with doubles

Tim