Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&w 5906pc 5 Inch Production Gun

JakeMartens

I would just like to say that while the gun doesent make the shooter, as Nic stated earlier, if at any moment the shooter in question using an illegal firearm or illegally modified firearm gains that one point that gives him the lead in a match, he has taken the win from someone else who deserved it.

Thats what the rules are for, I say, don't whine and complain, just walk right up to the competitor and talk to him about it, and let him know that it sucks and its not fair. If you do this, you are not a rat or a "range nazi". Some of us try real hard to comply.

As a Chronoguy at a few area matches, who actually checked every safety and actually used the production box when it applied, I was accused of being a range nazi when I told 3 guys in one match that their guns were not legal for their declared divisions because of illegal modifications. Most of them say" but no one else said anything".

-Neil Shubert

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
:::

Carlos yes the gun's in the photo are mine. The magwell is easy to remove and many do if they do not have mags with bumpers on them. The 5" gun with the light slide profile is an early gun and they don't do that any more... the :::: Tom Johansen

Tom,

The holster for the 5"PPC, mind if I ask what holster & where I can get one??

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...pe=post&id=2410

:::

Carlos yes the gun's in the photo are mine. The magwell is easy to remove and many do if they do not have mags with bumpers on them. The 5" gun with the light slide profile is an early gun and they don't do that any more... the :::: Tom Johansen

Tom,

The holster for the 5"PPC, mind if I ask what holster & where I can get one??

Poohgyrr I send you an email with pics on the Safariland 5906 5" holster. The part number is 010-0185-181, mine is new $80 shipped. Iended up with two so am going to sell one.

Tom

Tom, The holster for the 5"PPC, mind if I ask what holster & where I can get one??

Poohgyrr I send you an email with pics on the Safariland 5906 5" holster. The part number is 010-0185-181, mine is new $80 shipped. Iended up with two so am going to sell one.

Tom

Tom, thanks, I probably need something like that one... I was wondering about the kydex OWB holster in that picture though. And I think the mag pouches remind me of KyTac's..

FWIW, I have a Liebenberg 5" TDA 5906 I want to use and that holster might work better than my Safariland 560..

Edited by Poohgyrr

Tom,

7/8ths of an inch, using a ruler.. Far as I can tell, it looks "roughly" the same as a stock 4" slide, but I could be wrong.

John

It's been a while, butttt: FWIW, my calipers are buried in storage. That is why I used a ruler...

Edited by Poohgyrr

• 1 month later...

Yes, Thanks for the udate.

Buttttt, arrrrghhhh :( Budget issues here, I have to see what I can do. A PC 5903 would be sweet.

The steel frame should be great too, my conversion is real nice.

Johnpost-4715-1142872061.jpg

John, which rear sight is on that pistol?? LPA??

Yes, Thanks for the udate.

Buttttt, arrrrghhhh :( Budget issues here, I have to see what I can do. A PC 5903 would be sweet.

The steel frame should be great too, my conversion is real nice.

Johnpost-4715-1142872061.jpg

John, which rear sight is on that pistol?? LPA??

Correct, LPA adjustable.

By the way, thanks to Pat Sweeney for the amazing photo!

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, that second link has a .45 Target Champion on it:

http://www.skadi-waffen.de/product_info.php?products_id=70

I don't want to steal the thread, but anyone shot one of these?? The 5" PPC sold here in the States is soft shooting & accurate. I wonder how this .45 version does.....

And here's an accurate 5" 5906. A nice pistol for carry or whatever range it's allowed on.

5inliebenberg4ku.jpg

Edited by Poohgyrr

• 3 months later...