Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320 X5 Compact

BARRYJ

I bought a 320 X5 Legion and liked it so much, I bought a X5 Compact.  Figured I could use it as a backup for matches, concealed carry, and woods gun.  Went shoot it for the first time a couple days ago.  It would not cycle with the minor loads I have for it.  Sig doesn't list a lighter spring for it.  Is there an aftermarket supplier that might have it?

I bought a new 320 Compact not too long ago. 

It also would not initially cycle reliably with my match ammo.

However after about 200 rounds of factory ammo it will now cycle my X5 match ammo (about 130 PF) without a problem.

However that sort of behavior is going to be pretty specific to a particular match ammo but there is a chance that it will be ok.

The only aftermarket option I am aware of is: https://www.dpmsystems.com/sig-sauer/

I have no experience with it.

Edited by ddc
added link to dpm systems

It is not uncommon for guns that have not been tuned to not run or have issues with match ammo with lower PFs.    My Compact runs fine with it, but I would not trust it for carry purposes ever.  On a side note, my Frankensteined XCarry P320 is by far my most accurate gun.  

Edited by Boomstick303

I shoot an X5 in carry optics but really enjoy shooting my X compact in matches concealed in an appendix holster.  Holster position puts me in open minor but who cares.  Its one of my favorite pistols.  When it goes back to its intended purpose it gets loaded with Federal HST 147 grain Hollowpoints.