Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM Elite 5.25 IDPA ESP Compliant?

Qoholeth

Has any one checked the new XDM Elite 5.25 with magwell or without to see if it fits IDPA box? Is it good to go with magwell and 22rd mags for USPSA Limited, do the extended factory mags fit the 140mm gauge?

Thanks for any experience and answers.

• 1 year later...

It will fit the box w or wo the magwell for IDPA but the supplied 22 rd mags wiil not and the flush 19 rounders won't work w the magwell. For USPSA, no the factory 22 rounders will not fit the guage.

• 3 months later...

So, I used to use an older (not Elite) 5.25 for IDPA, here's the deal...

I had a Springer small magwell (advertised as ESP legal) on it and ran the short (0.25) Springer baseplates. It fit the box, but just barely, the rear sight had to be compressed. It looks like the factory magwell is smaller than my old one, so that should work... but mags will need to be shorter to be legal. 

Without the magwell and using the the Springer basepads, it fits the box easily, no need to compress the sight. Legal for SSP as well, it's the gun I made SSP Master with in 2018. After a year of farting around with CO I'm back shooting SSP. Like the new 15 rd mag capacity. BTW this is not an Elite but I have 2 and they fit the same way, just like Old Faithful better.

XDm IDPA Box.jpg

Edited by Jeff O

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...