Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 NITRO FIN 2.0 Slide Lock Thumb Rest

GKARMS

For me the nitro fin indexed better.  I shot single stacks so long that the frame mounted rest felt like my hands had to change from their natural form when gripping the gun, and the dot was never immediately apparent.  With the Nitro, it was always there.  My weak thumb was always pointing straight forward (and the frame mounts it felt like I was giving someone the "thumbs up".

It depends on the gun.  The more muzzle flip you have, the more beneficial a frame mount will be.  The less muzzle flip - Nitro fin.

I use Nitros on all my guns now - since they are positioned more toward the rear of the gun, they are less likely to cause the muzzle to dip.

16 hours ago, RGC said:

For me the nitro fin indexed better.  I shot single stacks so long that the frame mounted rest felt like my hands had to change from their natural form when gripping the gun, and the dot was never immediately apparent.  With the Nitro, it was always there.  My weak thumb was always pointing straight forward (and the frame mounts it felt like I was giving someone the "thumbs up".

This is exactly why I put a nitro-fin on my STI Steel Master.  Coming from single stack, I couldn't get used to a frame mount.  My thump felt like it was pointing straight up in the air!