Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Unmodified 43x trigger not resetting every time

Malarky112

On 2/10/2022 at 8:14 AM, Braxton1 said:

One of the best ways to identify a current-production Trigger Bar for the G-43/43X/48 is to look for a chamfer on the rear of the Vertical Extension.  New ones have it; old ones don't.  That isn't the only change; just the easiest to see without a full disassembly.

43X.jpg

Does anyone know when Glock made the change to the trigger bar?

• 10 months later...

I know this is an older post, but just for another data point, I'm having this issue as well. At the time the gun only had 200-300 rounds and I'd never taken it apart. 

I purchased it new from a dealer at the end of January 2023. 

I just emailed Glock earlier today and plan to send it in. My assumption is that it is some kind of engagement issue. 

I picked one up last week that was manufactured in Oct 2022. I’ll have to work it out a little harder before making it my EDC. Installed a Shield RMSc 8moa glass optic on it yesterday. Gotta get it to the range to dial it in. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 43x and really like it. It's a carry gun for relatively short distances. You probably don't need a RDS. It doesn't matter if you have "irons" or RDS. OTOH, my other pistols all have RDS for games or whatever.

15 hours ago, Stefan77 said:

What trigger would you recommend for the 43X?  The stock one is horrendous, not sure if this is how they all are but mine sucks!

I’ve got a G48 with an Apex trigger that I like a lot. For this one I put in a Ghost connector and left the stock trigger in it. I will re-evaluate the trigger after a few hundred rounds. If I do replace it, I will go with Apex. 

3 hours ago, Cuz said:

I’ve got a G48 with an Apex trigger that I like a lot. For this one I put in a Ghost connector and left the stock trigger in it. I will re-evaluate the trigger after a few hundred rounds. If I do replace it, I will go with Apex. 

Thanks!  I'll check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

If your new unmodified Glock 43x trigger is not resetting every time, there could be several reasons why this is happening. The trigger may not have been installed correctly or there may be an issue with the trigger spring or the striker assembly.

To solve this issue, you may want to consider taking your Glock 43x to a certified gunsmith for an inspection and potential repair. They will be able to diagnose the issue and recommend a solution that will get your trigger resetting correctly every time.

You may also consider purchasing a new Glock 43X, there are many reputable online retailers to choose from.  It's important to ensure that you purchase from a reputable dealer to ensure the authenticity and quality of the firearm.

Edited by ima45dv8
Edited to remove ad.