Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Unmodified 43x trigger not resetting every time

Malarky112

Grabbed a 43x late June. 
I usually clean them 1st but went right to range from gun store, put about 100 rounds thru it including some SD ammo. 
Worked great. 

Next week, heading to range again. Pull it apart intending to clean it but it looked pretty good, had lots of stock Glock lube still on it. Gave it a quick wipe and off I went. 

Got thru about 35 rounds and trigger didn’t reset. Pull slide back 1/2” and trigger resets. Keep going and it happened about 8 times out of 100 rounds. I made sure my finger was pulling off trigger every time, not that it should matter.  Slide gets hotter than any of my other glocks as well. (others are all gen4). As this is intended to be my carry gun, I’m concerned. Figure I better clean the factory gunk out, maybe there was some shavings stuck inside. 

After a good clean and lube, I’m back to the range today. Out of 100 rounds, it fails to reset the trigger once. Pull slide back just a little, and it resets. Much better, but still one too many for my carry gun. I compare the internals to my buddies 43 and everything looks the same. Only difference is my trigger bar seems to drag on the plastic frame a bit more than his. Mine is made in Austria, his is a US made. 

ive searched the web and everything that pops up regarding this is in aftermarket triggers or when somebody has messed around with the internals. Mine is untouched.
Im not new to glocks, have around 20,000 rounds between my 34 and 19. I’ve had them completely apart to clean/modify. The gen 5 is a bit different but basic mechanics of them are the same. I don’t see anything out of sorts. 

Any ideas? Should I just send it back to Glock? Anyone else experience this? 

Edited by Malarky112

Is the  connector adjusted properly? The cam on the slide must push the connector hook over enough to let the trigger bar pop up so it can engage the firing pin lug. You should be able to slip a piece of paper between the connector and trigger housing.

• 5 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

Send it to Glock. They are pretty good with warranty issues in my experience. 

Agreed. No matter how simple a fix might be I’m not fooling with a new gun that won’t run

7 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Agreed. No matter how simple a fix might be I’m not fooling with a new gun that won’t run

If I wanted to fix new guns myself, I’d still shoot 2011’s!

Edited by tha1000

• 1 month later...

Update:

I did end up sending it back to Glock. They were great to deal with and it was only 11 days from the day I shipped it to the day I had it back In my hands. 

Work order says they replaced the trigger and bar. Looking closely there is def a visible difference between the original and the new one. The forward extension of cruciform sear plate is now tapered. 
I’m guessing it’s an updated part. I’ll test fire it later this week. 

• 1 year later...

I'm having the exact same issue, with my brand new 43x,  I can't believe I'm in this situation not what I expected from Glock.

Hoping the store I bought it in will replace it with a new one, had it for 1 week, fired some 250 rounds , triger reset failure around 6 times

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 6:58 PM, Itai said:

I'm having the exact same issue, with my brand new 43x,  I can't believe I'm in this situation not what I expected from Glock.

Hoping the store I bought it in will replace it with a new one, had it for 1 week, fired some 250 rounds , triger reset failure around 6 times

What year was it manufactured. I had heard it was an updated part so I’d be surprised a newly manufactured one was having issues. 
I doubt the gs will take it back, but Glock customer service was very good. 
I would contact them. 

One of the best ways to identify a current-production Trigger Bar for the G-43/43X/48 is to look for a chamfer on the rear of the Vertical Extension.  New ones have it; old ones don't.  That isn't the only change; just the easiest to see without a full disassembly.

43X.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 2:44 PM, Malarky112 said:

Just to update my 43x has still been perfect since I sent it in. 

What did they do to it? I have an older 43x. EDC. Haven't had problems but would upgrade anything as needed.

37 minutes ago, lgh said:

What did they do to it? I have an older 43x. EDC. Haven't had problems but would upgrade anything as needed.

Malarky's post of 05 October 2020 and mine of 10 February 2022 answer this.

Edited by Braxton1

6 hours ago, lgh said:

If you read thru the posts you’ll see but basically they replaced the trigger bar with an updated part. If you’ve had no issues I’m not sure I’d worry about it. 

• 5 weeks later...