Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrel Length?

2 hours ago, cecil said:

if an experienced RO knows what they are doing.. re-shoots are a mute point..

Please share your wisdom. It is raining so the timers are bagged, you can not be on top of the barrel for the last shot due to the stage design, you have the timer sensitivity set as high as you can without picking up the open guns in the adjacent bays, and the one guy with the mouse fart gun/load steps to the line.

What is it that you do to make reshoots a moot point? 

Note: I rarely see folks shooting mouse fart guns that are an issue, not trying to imply that a pcc needs to be a problem in general. 

19 hours ago, Kokeman said:

I've heard of people doing that. Does it really Work? 

Yes, I only did it for a small test sample with fmj and titegroup. Terrible combination for cause lead fouling.  I exclusively shoot jhp now. 

On 7/11/2020 at 3:15 PM, IHAVEGAS said:

Please share your wisdom. It is raining so the timers are bagged, you can not be on top of the barrel for the last shot due to the stage design, you have the timer sensitivity set as high as you can without picking up the open guns in the adjacent bays, and the one guy with the mouse fart gun/load steps to the line.

What is it that you do to make reshoots a moot point? 

Note: I rarely see folks shooting mouse fart guns that are an issue, not trying to imply that a pcc needs to be a problem in general. 

first off... i do not shoot in the rain... all the ranges i shoot shuts down when its raining... so your gauche question does not warrant an answer..

4 hours ago, cecil said:

first off... i do not shoot in the rain... all the ranges i shoot shuts down when its raining... so your gauche question does not warrant an answer..

It is a sincere question. If you have knowledge that makes reshoots a moot point with the mouse fart CCP gun/load combinations (rare, as noted previously) many could benefit.

If you would rather not include shooting in the rain perhaps you could discuss the situation where last shots are fired around a wall and it is not possible for the r.o. to have the timer adjacent to the gun. 

4 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

It is a sincere question. If you have knowledge that makes reshoots a moot point with the mouse fart CCP gun/load combinations (rare, as noted previously) many could benefit.

The answer is to use an AMG Commander timer with sensitivity set to six or seven.  It works in the rain.  It works differently than other timers.  It even works on 22 rifles with long barrels, no comp and standard velocity loads.  It especially works in high walled bays that give other timers, like the CED 7000, echo readings.

To give another example, an RO could not keep up with a fleet footed PCC shooter and was not sure he captured the last shot.   He insisted on a reshoot.  After the beep we turned on the AMG and found we could pick up all the shots from 30' away.

16 minutes ago, zzt said:

The answer is to use an AMG Commander timer with sensitivity set to six or seven.  It works in the rain.  It works differently than other timers.  It even works on 22 rifles with long barrels, no comp and standard velocity loads.  It especially works in high walled bays that give other timers, like the CED 7000, echo readings.

To give another example, an RO could not keep up with a fleet footed PCC shooter and was not sure he captured the last shot.   He insisted on a reshoot.  After the beep we turned on the AMG and found we could pick up all the shots from 30' away.

Good info. 

Looks like they are back ordered,  and $158 each, and I can not find anything in the write up about being waterproof, but if they work they work. 

Any experience with errant shots from open guns in the next bay? 

13 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Good info. 

Looks like they are back ordered,  and $158 each, and I can not find anything in the write up about being waterproof, but if they work they work. 

Any experience with errant shots from open guns in the next bay? 

I don't know if they are actually waterproof, or not.  I do know that rain doesn't bother them.  There is zero pickup from adjacent bays.  The AMG works differently than other timers.  One of the clubs I RO at has two back bays oriented 90 deg. to each other, with the start positions about 30' apart.  The CED 7000 timers they use do pick up shots from the other bay and you have to be careful to note the time of the last shot.  If they ever start having matches again, I'll test the AMG in those bays to see what happens.  I seriously doubt there will be a problem.