Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

accurate SBR barrel help

1911vm

I have bin trying to do some research on line and my head is swimming .  What i am looking for is an accurate barrel between 12-13 in.  my budget is around $300 .  Avery  body says theirs is sub MOA. but than you read fine print and its with  match  ammo. I shoot  55s 99% of the time. and cannot afford very expensive stuff.  And question part 2 mid or carbine length ? thanks 

Buying a barrel in hopes that it will shoot blaster ammo accurately is a crap shoot. Some barrels shoot really well with cheap ammo, but its not something you can bet on and the manufacturer is definitely not gonna stick their neck out and guarantee it.

For a 13" barrel I'd go mid, anything shorter and I'd just wait till Rosco releases their 12.5" patrol length gas system. Its right between mid and carbine.

12 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Buying a barrel in hopes that it will shoot blaster ammo accurately is a crap shoot. Some barrels shoot really well with cheap ammo, but its not something you can bet on and the manufacturer is definitely not gonna stick their neck out and guarantee it.

^ This.  I've not had a single barrel that'll shoot blaster ammo reliably less than an inch with 5+ shot groupings.  Most are shooting 2-2.5" with ball, while being sub 1-1.5" with match ammo.

My current game gun has a 16" Bartlein done up by the guys at Lone Star Armory - With match ammo I'm generally shooting 5+ shot groups between .5-.8" depending on the ammo etc...it's still a 2-2.25" gun with ball ammo though.

hard to beat Rosco or BCM.

Rosco makes a lot of the barrels labeled by other manufacturers. I don't know who makes the BCM barrels but they are very nice also.

I've used BCM with great results, Rosco will what I buy next.

Listen to Aaron (note these are reviews of the entire upper, but the barrels in the first video match your question:

• 1 month later...

I have a White Oak Armament in 12.5 and it shoots very well with PMC Bronze 55's. It shoots well enough that I have never shot match ammo in it.  WOA cut it to 12.5 for me. I also have never done mag dumps on it or any of my barrels. The barrel is a Wilson blank.