Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ p10f OR Tungsten Guide Rod

mrvip27

Does anyone make a production model or willing to make one? Do you gain much?

I followed the upgrades thread, but it seems most guys had to create a wider rod and modify the slide for it to fit and to work.

Is there any out there matching the factory guide rod for some increased weight? I already have the cajun model.

Edited by mrvip27

2 hours ago, Benevolence said:

From the sounds of it, gen3 glock guide rods are compatible? Maybe minor shortening of the length?

Source: earlan357 https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=107144.0

Im currently milling some cheap bucking bar tungsten (90W,~5Cu,5~Ni) I got off eBay to try to copy some of the previous ones people have done.

Seems like milling the slide is part of the solution as well. Lot of work.

I may be mistaken but I thought the glock gen3 guide rod was drop-in compatible. The work that a few others (including the ‘next steps’ in that link) did was to get larger diameter guide rods and use 1911 springs.

@aandabooks Opening up the guide rod hole to a larger diameter in order to accommodate a larger guide rod.

Edited by Benevolence

it still seems you would have to cut the rod down in length anyway if I am reading correctly.

I just want something that I can purchase that will work. I don't have time to machine something up lol.

3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I had a p10f or and went down that road, so not being snotty but just looking at your return on investment.

ya i understand. what do you run now?

19 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

ya i understand. what do you run now?

i made a change in brands before the shadow 2 or version was approved. right now i'm shooting a x5 legion.

17 hours ago, rowdyb said:

i made a change in brands before the shadow 2 or version was approved. right now i'm shooting a x5 legion.

Thats probably what I would be shooting if I didnt shoot this.

• 2 weeks later...