Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Price For Powder

Peter K

Hi all,

I´m just curious how much you have to pay for your powder in the US. Here in Germany we have to pay:

500 grams of Vihtavuori Pistol Powder (N310, .... N105): 54 $

454 grams of Hodgdon Pistol Powder (Longshot ...): 44 $

500 grams of Accurate Pistol Powder (No. 5, 7 ...): 38 $

So, what´s your price??????

Hodgdon powders are available free of shipping & HazMat fee (a U.S. shipping fee of $20 added to mail-ordered powder or primers, but not loaded ammo) if bought at a local shop or some gunshows. Of course, I know that there IS a cost for transportation added in their somehow & our gasoline prices will probably make everything a little more costly in the coming months.

But as an example, here in Area 8 (near Washington, D.C.) I can buy Hodgdon in 8 lb drum quantities for about $100 through the distributor, T&T reloading which is located about 6 hours north of us in PA. We are allowed up to 20 lbs of powder in the home without a special storage container.

The distributor, T&T reloading also sell primers for $68 per 5,000 and again, there is no shipping or haz-mat fee if you pick up the primers at the gunshow. Same for Frontier Hard-Cast/Plated bullets, which run about $40 to $60 per thousand depending on the caliber and weight. I use VihtaVouri and Hodgdon powder.

Best regards,

D.C. Johnson

Edited by Carlos

• 3 weeks later...

Peter,

I'm from Holland, and expecting it to be cheaper in Germany, I'ved checked into it a bit.

Only to find out that it's cheaper over here. I'm paying 30euro (~36USD)for the 500gr cans of VV powder. 1kg cans are 47euro (~57USD), 2kg cans are 97 euro. AA is cheaper. Hodgdon is about 45euro.

Federal primers go for 22.50euro.

Also found out that Desert Eagles cost way more in Germany, both new and used.

Gr... DEP44