Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL1100 finally!

Well this showed up at my doors step today, can't wait to set her up and give her a try.  So far it looks pretty dope, however, I'm not sure if I'll end up keeping her since I switched over to the Mark 7 Evo press.  

Once I fully test the new press out I'll make a final decision, but so far so good, Frenchie approves!~  I'll revisit this thread once she's all set up! Unfortunately, I can't upload additional photos :(

Dillon 1.jpeg

I was torn between the evo myself. Have a 1050 already but decided to go with the 1100 instead of evo. No complaints here. For the 1200 price difference and no bullet feeder with evo I am happy. $ 2300 for 1100 and new mbf vs $3700 for evo and mbf. 

Edited by Dirtchevy841

What burns my ass is that this $2000 machine is not designed to allow the end user to use a powder checker, bullet feeder, a seating die, and crimp die together....Being older and having Experienced a squib on my 550 years ago I sold the 550 and bought the 650 so I could use a powder check...The security that this device provides for me is priceless....

Now I have to decide what I am willing to do without between these four processes/operations and I bought the RL1100 to have the capability to utilize all of these processes/devices with one pull of the handle as well as the regular processes that occur up to and including the powder drop.....

39 minutes ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

What burns my ass is that this $2000 machine is not designed to allow the end user to use a powder checker, bullet feeder, a seating die, and crimp die together....Being older and having Experienced a squib on my 550 years ago I sold the 550 and bought the 650 so I could use a powder check...The security that this device provides for me is priceless....

Now I have to decide what I am willing to do without between these four processes/operations and I bought the RL1100 to have the capability to utilize all of these processes/devices with one pull of the handle as well as the regular processes that occur up to and including the powder drop.....

Sig:

Totally agree with your assessment! 

Now, I've noticed this alternative that sure looks interesting!

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/271071-mark-7-evolution-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=3169727

At least there are options..................

OP, what made you buy the 1100?

If memory serves me you had a 1050 but returned it in frustration and got the Evo. I'm curious to see what drew you to the 1100 over the Evo.

I picked up a 550 recently as my first reloader with plans on adding a 1050/1100 in the near future. The 550 to get me started and then hold onto for low usage rounds like my 380.

im torn between the Evo or 1100. The only problem I have with an Evo is scope creep and ending up with the Revo.