Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Racer Mag Pouch Issue

anonymouscuban

Hey all.

I'm having the issue of the tension insert coming out when I do a reload. Happens about 70% of the time. Any of you guys running into this issue?

I've tried tightening the tension. Works if I really dialed it up but then the mag is held way tighter than I want.

f8793b8a1c905888ed3f28107f1d4a2d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

I had this problem with my DAA pouches when they were new. 

Either use a smaller or larger insert with more tension on the screw knob, or you can bend the leaf spring a bit more.  I also polished the inserts a bit with plastic polish to reduce the friction. 

15 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

I had this problem with my DAA pouches when they were new. 

Either use a smaller or larger insert with more tension on the screw knob, or you can bend the leaf spring a bit more.  I also polished the inserts a bit with plastic polish to reduce the friction. 

Thank you. I will try your suggestions. When you say bend the leaf spring, I assume you mean to add more curve to add more tension? 

8 minutes ago, anonymouscuban said:

Thank you. I will try your suggestions. When you say bend the leaf spring, I assume you mean to add more curve to add more tension? 

Yes. The leaf springs lose their “curve” and “springiness” after awhile. I assume your mag pouches are used?

You can also buy new springs from DAA for $2.50 apiece That’s what I did when I replaced all the leaf springs on my race master and racer mag pouches.