Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta Rear Sights?

D.Hayden

I have a Beretta V96, that I used to shoot in Production until about a year ago when I got my Limited pistol, I brought it out the other day to start some Production shooting again..

For me now, it shoots about 3" low. It has an PSI (?) adjustable sight on the rear, that's adjusted as far as it can go. I want to put a new rear on it, that's basically just a flat blade (like a BoMars, but no adjustments).

Anyone have a good suggestion? (and if you need to replace the front blade?)

Thanks. Dave

I've had the same problem, shooting low with the EII. It's been a while but if I remember correctly the gun comes with a .305 rear. Novak makes that same sight but in a .320, that may work for you.

I tried it and was still to low, my rear sight is a glob of JB weld filed into the shape of a sight, at about .350-.360 high.

David Olhasso, sometime poster on this board, uses a taller .360 rear he has custom made. He told me awhile back he'd sell some next time he had a batch made but I haven't heard back from a couple of emails I sent him, maybe you can try there.

Let me know if you find a sourch, I'd love to get a "real" sight instead of th JB. :P

http://www.olhasso.com/beretta/

A final gift from LTT. Here is the information he provided regarding the approximate effect on POI of various sizes of Novak rear sights.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standard slide 92/96

The Standard Height rear sight is .267" high.

Novak .278" high will raise POI Approx. 1.5" @ 25 yards

Novak .290" high will raise POI Approx. 3.2" @ 25 yards

Novak .305" high will raise POI Approx. 5.3" @ 25 yards

Brigadier Slide 92/96 (including Elites)

The Standard Height rear sight is .290" high.

Novak .278" high will lower POI Approx. 1.6" @ 25 yards

Novak .290" high should not change POI (use this sight if you don't need a POI Change)

Novak .305" high will raise POI Approx. 2.1" @ 25 yards

Novak .320' high will raise POI Approx 4.2" @ 25 yards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Ernest!

Edited by BerettaRacer

The same sights that PSI says they sell for the Beretta, LPA, are available from Brignoliarmi.com, at about $40 bucks shipped. I installed one on my Elite and it rocks. Before that I wasn't real happy with my hits on steel at anything much beyond the 7m minimum.

Tac, you shot my Elite last week at NTPS. How did you like the sight compared to others, especially the factory "canyon notch" sight?

Edited by peashooter

UPDATE INFO

As I mentioned in my above post, Dave Olhasso contacted me this week saying his new taller .360 sights were in stock. They arrived today and hopefully I'll try to fit one in the next week or two, if hurricane Wilma doesn't screw things up to bad around here. :lol:

• 3 months later...

I finally got off my a$$ and got this done..

Sent the 96 Vertec slide to David Olhasso, and he installed a fiber front (.095 with a .040 fiber insert), and a fixed rear..

Very nice major improvement from the stock sights, and I'm much happier with the new rear than that pos adjustable.. but most importantly the sights are dead on..

Thanks David!