Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320 mag/CR Versa pouch

jcm

Need some help please. I just received my CR Versa pouches to be used for my Sig P320 X5 Legion in CO division. Which mag insert is supposed to be the correct one? The #2/large/Berretta/CZ mag insert will hold the mag IF I adjust the tension all the way out, but releases very hard. If I put in the medium insert ( the one that comes pre-installed) then I need to tighten the tension all the way in and it still doesn't hold the mag securely. 

Also, there is a piece that I guess you could say looks like a Swiss Army knife toothpick. It is 1/4" wide x 1-3/4" long with a 1/4" x 1/4" square block on one end. What is this for? It is not listed in the mag pouch instructions nor in the parts diagram.

5 hours ago, Jeff_Alan said:

I got some large body washers from Home Depot and they work good . The toothpick looking slide between the belt ( top side ) and the pouch to help keep them in place.

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

Thank you so much! Now that I see it I have to wonder why I did not think of it myself!  I'll pick up some washers or make my own and see what thickness works best.  So then does the set screw in the C Bac mount get tightened down to the "toothpick" shim?

That’s awesome. I got a set of these given to me and had no idea what the toothpick piece was for either. 

The ones I have are the version with the solid back. Has anyone tried to cut these to make them like the C back mounts?

8 hours ago, Bad_Karma said:

That’s awesome. I got a set of these given to me and had no idea what the toothpick piece was for either. 

The ones I have are the version with the solid back. Has anyone tried to cut these to make them like the C back mounts?

Haven't tried cutting them, but the old school way is to put velcro on the back of the pouch mount so it sticks to the inner belt.

4 hours ago, s2000red said:

Haven't tried cutting them, but the old school way is to put velcro on the back of the pouch mount so it sticks to the inner belt.

I’ll give that a try. I was thinking that cutting might make the belt slimmer. Not sure it really matters though

50 minutes ago, Bad_Karma said:

I’ll give that a try. I was thinking that cutting might make the belt slimmer. Not sure it really matters though

I have always done velcro on the back of my magpouches and holster. Has stayed on for years! This is the first time for me trying the  C Bak mounts.

I don't know how cutting the back to simulate a C Bak mount would be any slimmer on the belt as you would still have the top and bottom of the "C" wrapping around the belt.

2 minutes ago, jcm said:

I have always done velcro on the back of my magpouches and holster. Has stayed on for years! This is the first time for me trying the  C Bak mounts.

I don't know how cutting the back to simulate a C Bak mount would be any slimmer on the belt as you would still have the top and bottom of the "C" wrapping around the belt.

Good point. Going to pick up some Velcro on the way home tonight. Can’t hurt to try it out.