Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hard chrome X5 slide and barrel

KindredGhost

Greetings gang!

So I love me some hard chroming.  Like a lot, primarily because It's easy to clean.  I'm thinking about having tech plate in Anaheim CA do it as they do incredible work.  

I'm kind of surprised that nobody else has done this which makes me think THAT it isn't a good idea for whatever reason.  What do you guys think?  

One last question... The OEM recoil spring is much longer in comparison to the springs in my 5" 2011. I've read here that a lot of people use a 12# spring but didn't specify if it was a spring from Sig or a spring from Grams.  For the purposes of shooting carry optics and making minor pf, which spring do you guys use?

Thanks,

Kg

11 hours ago, KindredGhost said:

Greetings gang!

So I love me some hard chroming.  Like a lot, primarily because It's easy to clean.  I'm thinking about having tech plate in Anaheim CA do it as they do incredible work.  

I'm kind of surprised that nobody else has done this which makes me think THAT it isn't a good idea for whatever reason.  What do you guys think?  

One last question... The OEM recoil spring is much longer in comparison to the springs in my 5" 2011. I've read here that a lot of people use a 12# spring but didn't specify if it was a spring from Sig or a spring from Grams.  For the purposes of shooting carry optics and making minor pf, which spring do you guys use?

Thanks,

Kg

Government spring for 1911 style is what you can run assuming you are not running the captured x5 spring combo. I ordered a 11# 12# and 13# since the springs are cheap in order to test some out. I stuck with the 12#. 

1 hour ago, Lowsc3 said:

Government spring for 1911 style is what you can run assuming you are not running the captured x5 spring combo. I ordered a 11# 12# and 13# since the springs are cheap in order to test some out. I stuck with the 12#. 

This ^^^

I converted my P320F with a Gray Guns Fat Rod (ships with15lb)

I use 1911 Government springs from Taylor Tactical (kit contains: 11,12,13,14,15) and settled on the 13lb spring for 115gr range ammo.

Conversely, I have some springs from another seller and they are too long for P320.

They almost go full stack which makes me really push to lock slide back.

I could cut them, but I'm not a spring cutter by nature....I expect the spring maker to do it right.