Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Me Spend Some Money (New Gold Team)

Brainamus

I have a new Tanfo Gold Team getting here this Friday.  I need a mount and optic right off the bat.  I see most everyone uses the C-More sight and a mount from EAA for it.  I'll just buy that unless someone suggests otherwise.  (relying on others wisdom here).  Why does that C-more have to be soooooo looong?  Other red dots are one inch in total length.  MOA size suggestion for just shooting steel for the moment. 

Trigger.......  It has to be superb.  I am used to shooting precision bolt rifles with one pound triggers or less.  I know I can't get a 1 pound trigger in a semi auto pistol but light and crisp are a definite must and money is no object to achieve it.  My opinion, if the trigger feels like garbage, the whole pistol feels like garbage.   Thanks for your help in advance!  ALSO need a holster that I can throw it in with the sight attached. 

Edited by Brainamus

I have a gold team, xtreme, and limited master. The gold team & xtreme went to Patriot Defense for tuning and upgrades after purchase. The limited master came from Patriot with the upgrades done. Patriot does a great job, carry good parts, and are nice folks. My advice is to get the gun, shoot it some, and then if the trigger is not to your liking talk with Patriot about the gun.  Optics are somewhat a personal like/dislike, quality/reliability being equal. You can spend several hundred dollars and still not have an optic you like. My advice is unless you have experience take your time and seek advice from some local shooters and maybe ask to shoot their gun some.

Hope this helps and a PM is on the way to you.

The first reply is totally correct. I will also add this, because the biggest issue I had was with mounts and ejection. Oh, and I do not use  the full size cmore.  I only use rts2 and Vortex Razor.  Shoot your pistol without a mount, with your preferred load. Note the direction of ejection.  If it is up/forward around 1 or 1:30 you will probably have issues with a double side mount.  It is very time consuming and frustrating to work through that because of all the variables that are affected by EVERYTHING. Hopefully you won’t be subjected to this. Oh, and make sure you relieve/clearance the mount you get so that there is no chance the slide can rub when fired. Ask me how I know. 

Dan has a valid tip on the mount. Below is a photo of my Xtreme with a double sided IPSC Alex mount. I had no issue with slide clearance but notice the shinny spot on the right rear from brass hitting the mount. This has caused me no real issue other than the small banged up area on the mount.

I've got some new extra power extractor springs to try the next time I pull the extractor to clean. Wonder if the extra power spring might help with the brass hitting the mount?

IMG_0115.jpg

So I received the Pistol (Nice), an  EAA C-More mount (#9102205) and a C-More Slide Ride model ASRS-8.  The holes in the bottom of the C-more are too small to go over the mounting studs that are on the EAA mount and the screws that came with the sight are a size bigger than what the mount came with.  I assumed this was a drop the sight on the mount, tighten two screws and go.  Am I missing something?  Did I order the wrong C-more sight?  Or is the mount wrong?  Thanks in advance and forgive my ignorance.

On 2/28/2020 at 10:53 PM, Brainamus said:

So I received the Pistol (Nice), an  EAA C-More mount (#9102205) and a C-More Slide Ride model ASRS-8.  The holes in the bottom of the C-more are too small to go over the mounting studs that are on the EAA mount and the screws that came with the sight are a size bigger than what the mount came with.  I assumed this was a drop the sight on the mount, tighten two screws and go.  Am I missing something?  Did I order the wrong C-more sight?  Or is the mount wrong?  Thanks in advance and forgive my ignorance.

If you haven't found a solution yet, I used a 15/64 drill bit on the slide ride

On 2/27/2020 at 3:44 PM, ahfox32 said:

Dan has a valid tip on the mount. Below is a photo of my Xtreme with a double sided IPSC Alex mount. I had no issue with slide clearance but notice the shinny spot on the right rear from brass hitting the mount. This has caused me no real issue other than the small banged up area on the mount.

I've got some new extra power extractor springs to try the next time I pull the extractor to clean. Wonder if the extra power spring might help with the brass hitting the mount?

IMG_0115.jpg

https://forums.brianenos.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=134324

I tried all the springs and ejector lengths. Still have some hits.  So I just blame it on range brass variations. I switched to a Eaa rail mount (which is too high and I don’t like) and just used one side to mount.  I think I may try a blank Slipstream mount and drii to fit.  As you can see in my pic I couldn’t get the Ipsc Alex clearing. 

16 hours ago, Fo0 said:

If you haven't found a solution yet, I used a 15/64 drill bit on the slide ride

That is what I ended up using but just wasn't sure if I had ordered something wrong.  I could tell I would be drilling through the circuit board on that rear hole.  That made me a little nervous...  Works fine though. 

On 2/26/2020 at 8:22 PM, Brainamus said:

I have a new Tanfo Gold Team getting here this Friday.  I need a mount and optic right off the bat.  I see most everyone uses the C-More sight and a mount from EAA for it.  I'll just buy that unless someone suggests otherwise.  (relying on others wisdom here).  Why does that C-more have to be soooooo looong?  Other red dots are one inch in total length.  MOA size suggestion for just shooting steel for the moment. 

Trigger.......  It has to be superb.  I am used to shooting precision bolt rifles with one pound triggers or less.  I know I can't get a 1 pound trigger in a semi auto pistol but light and crisp are a definite must and money is no object to achieve it.  My opinion, if the trigger feels like garbage, the whole pistol feels like garbage.   Thanks for your help in advance!  ALSO need a holster that I can throw it in with the sight attached. 

I wrote an entire thread on tuning and so did @kneelingatlas