Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 missing - gun or me ?

MFM22

I have a Glock 34 Gen 5 also. It's a great gun. Invest in a Mantisx and start dry firing. It'll make a different in your gun handling, trigger control, etc... Like a couple others have said, yes change out the factory sights. Are you shooting primarily on the same side as your dominant eye?

Edited by Kevra83

Have you tried using other guns to see if you have the same issue?  Both my G34 and 19 shot left out the box but my sigs and CZs didn't...

Can't rule out user error on my part either and I never bothered to find out why but as others have said - get a sight pusher and swap out the sights

I use the MGW #309 GLK - old now, bought a long time ago so there may be better ones - but has worked great for me!

• 1 month later...

I have noticed that I’ve built a tactile memory spot on my trigger fingers left and right that ensure Im pulling that trigger straight back on a Glock. It’s where I remember how the safety hits the same place on my pad tip. Glocks, more than any other pistol I shoot, seem less forgiving of inconsistent trigger stroke. I say stroke because Glock triggers remind me of revolvers more than anything else I have competed with. If I start getting a push left, that usually means I need my finger further on the trigger and the safety is where it belongs.

At this point, after taping a stage I can remind myself and just thinking about it, I will adjust.

I consider this the price of doing business with the Glock platform. I consistently shoot them faster than other pistols, and they do go bang with wonderful reliability. I find them easy to fix, get parts for, and they’re built for my hands.They were the first pistols besides revos that felt good in my hands. I think it’s the reason I put in the time to learn the platform. That push though, I find it more of a problem if I don’t practice.

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2020 at 7:31 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Tried the Sevigny sights? I like them even better. ;) 

But yes. A quality set of sights is mandatory and the Dawsons are great too.

+1.  I consider myself a rustbelt redneck that spent time on the farm shooting anything that got handed to us, but my Glock shooting experience went way up when i switched to a better set of sights.

• 1 year later...

Shoot it off a rest, and with very little squeeze with either hand. You're just trying to verify accuracy, no need to grip the gun hard with either hand. Focus on a straight back trigger pull starting off with very little force, then slightly ramping it up 1lb, 2lb, 3lb, until the trigger goes off and surprises you. 

Any deviation at that point is probably the sights.