Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classified ad prices

viperpilot

Hello all.

New to the forum, a seemingly infinite amount of information to go through. 

Shot my first USPSA match last month, all qualifier. I'm hooked.

I'm picking up a few items from the Classified section and am grateful to be able to do so.

No disrespect intended, but an honest question though...

When pricing an item to sell, it appears that sometimes there is little to no research done on the current price of the item.

Some items that are lightly used or "BNIB" are offered near, at or above what can be found  on a retail site with a 0.3 second Google search.

Why is that?

Mods: A search of this topic found no appropriate topic. Please move or remove as necessary.

The moderator ( forum ) sets no prices, you can price an item at whatever price you ( the seller ) want to. It’s up to the buyer to negotiate a price you are willing to pay. Simple if you think an item is priced to high send the seller  a pm, with offer to buy. 

3 hours ago, viperpilot said:

Hello all.

New to the forum, a seemingly infinite amount of information to go through. 

Shot my first USPSA match last month, all qualifier. I'm hooked.

I'm picking up a few items from the Classified section and am grateful to be able to do so.

No disrespect intended, but an honest question though...

When pricing an item to sell, it appears that sometimes there is little to no research done on the current price of the item.

Some items that are lightly used or "BNIB" are offered near, at or above what can be found  on a retail site with a 0.3 second Google search.

Why is that?

Mods: A search of this topic found no appropriate topic. Please move or remove as necessary.

The Classifieds forum's policy can be seen here:

As for pricing, the sellers are free to set whatever price they want. The market will dictate if the item sells. Caveat Emptor!

(BTW: making any comments about the sale in the sale thread (AKA: Thread Crapping) is HIGHLY discouraged.😉 )

Since you're surprised that the seller can set his own price, I thought

it might be worthwhile to remind you that there is no guarantee that

you are dealing with an honest seller.

Don't mean to offend your sensibilities, but I thought that "set your

own price" was kind of  a given, also.

As Chuck mentioned, above, caveat emptor.