Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MRO Green?

Posted this in the Technical/Gear area, but figure some of you folks might have some info:

Looking at getting an MRO with the Green dot (I have an astigmatism, so green works best for my eyes)... thoughts?

I had an early red MRO that I absolutely hated and promptly got rid of because it had some noticeable magnification and wasn’t a true 1x, but I hear the newer ones (and green ones) are cured of that, true?

Also, the battery life looks pretty short, I’m not too concerned about that because batteries are cheap and plentiful, but I’ve read they can go dead after only a couple days when accidentally left on at the higher settings, and mine will probably be parked at “5” (1 down from max) most of the time... has it been a problem for anybody, or has been changing out batteries often been a hassle?

I currently run a Holosun T1-style sight that’s been great (and batteries last and last because of the “shake awake” feature when I forget to turn it off), and I don’t really need to switch, but I do like how the Trijicon is so much more robust as far as getting knocked around and beat up... but moving to the MRO won’t really be an upgrade if there are other issues that make it a PITA...

Thanks.

On 2/2/2020 at 12:41 PM, ck1 said:

Posted this in the Technical/Gear area, but figure some of you folks might have some info:

Looking at getting an MRO with the Green dot (I have an astigmatism, so green works best for my eyes)... thoughts?

I had an early red MRO that I absolutely hated and promptly got rid of because it had some noticeable magnification and wasn’t a true 1x, but I hear the newer ones (and green ones) are cured of that, true?

Also, the battery life looks pretty short, I’m not too concerned about that because batteries are cheap and plentiful, but I’ve read they can go dead after only a couple days when accidentally left on at the higher settings, and mine will probably be parked at “5” (1 down from max) most of the time... has it been a problem for anybody, or has been changing out batteries often been a hassle?

I currently run a Holosun T1-style sight that’s been great (and batteries last and last because of the “shake awake” feature when I forget to turn it off), and I don’t really need to switch, but I do like how the Trijicon is so much more robust as far as getting knocked around and beat up... but moving to the MRO won’t really be an upgrade if there are other issues that make it a PITA...

Thanks.

If you like your Holosun, you can get a green version:  http://www.holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/138.html

I don't see anything that would make the MRO worth $150 more than the Holosun.

I also prefer green in my red dots.

Well, since nobody in my area had one to look at/check out, and nobody around here had any info, I ordered one (well, actually 2, but I'll get into that in a second lol)... won't bore anyone with suspense, it's already been sent back. Quicky verdict is: I wasn't very impressed, not for me, sticking with Holosun for now. YMMV.

...beware if you order from Amazon, the first one I ordered (then returned) supposedly was a return from either Trijicon themselves or a reputable dealer with just "a few cosmetic scratches", I received a total piece of crap counterfeit fake... that wasn't even a green dot, it was red lol!

Edited by ck1
12 minutes ago, inertia said:

The green Holosun are legit make sure you get a chance to try one if you think you want Green.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been using, seems they’re the best at green + clear true 1X glass right now... MRO still has magnification :(

Edited by ck1