Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any news on Schuemann?

blackfatbob

Just curious if anyone has had contact with Schuemann.  I had an email last fall from Mike saying he had sold the operation and that it was in the process of moving.  He said to give them a month or so and try emailing them.  So far I'm not getting any responses.

Currently I have a 38S open gun with a schuemann in it and the owner wants to convert it to 9 major. 

Thanks

I have an old open gun in .38s w/ tribrid holes lst hole in the rear angled forward arresting all gasses from the rest of the popple and comp holes from dirtying the scope lens. After thousands of rounds still working very well ang accurate. 

I read somewhere on a post  here that Al Zitta bought scheumann barrels and was in the process ramping up, 

I’ve also been looking for a blank rib 4 port length barrel to rebarrel my back up gun in 9 and gave up until I read that

shooters connection is selling KKM barrels hybicomp barrels but the rib copies the SVI squarish rib instead of the round scheumann

Just spoke to the guys at KKM.  They are committed to their hybrid barrel as an exclusive through Shooters Connection.  Still tooling up to meet demand.  

Per my measurements, the rib on the KKM is + 0.010 compared to my schuemann's so a slide could be refit.

As far as Al @ Schuemann - totally off the radar.

Yes, there is the difference in the back end of the rib between the two that has to be accommodated in the slide refit.

On 1/10/2020 at 1:30 PM, rishii said:

I read somewhere on a post  here that Al Zitta bought scheumann barrels and was in the process ramping up, 

I’ve also been looking for a blank rib 4 port length barrel to rebarrel my back up gun in 9 and gave up until I read that

shooters connection is selling KKM barrels hybicomp barrels but the rib copies the SVI squarish rib instead of the round scheumann

Your 4 port rib is probably much shorter than the KKM rib.  What I have seen from KKM is a full length rib, so a refit might be possible.