Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC stages

tna9001

You mean for PCC only matches? Or do you mean for standard USPSA matches? If you mean standard matches I like to set up stages for pistol shooters and let the chips fall where they may for the PCC shooters

5 minutes ago, Sarge said:

You mean for PCC only matches? Or do you mean for standard USPSA matches? If you mean standard matches I like to set up stages for pistol shooters and let the chips fall where they may for the PCC shooters

The PCC only matches. I’ve been to a couple standard USPSA matches. I’m in the process of deciding on an optic and distance and target size impact that choice.

58 minutes ago, tna9001 said:

The PCC only matches. I’ve been to a couple standard USPSA matches. I’m in the process of deciding on an optic and distance and target size impact that choice.

I remember listening to a couple of local shooters talk about the lucas oil PCC match a few years back. Many got taken by surprise when they had to shoot a few 100 yard targets. Many only shot local matches and had everything zeroed at 15-20 yards. The PCC is more than capable of handling it but only if you know what the rounds are doing at that range. I would still think a mini red dot would be fine for any match. My preference would be to sight it in for what you shoot most. If it's local matches at only pistol distances 95% of the time that's where I'd sight to, then see what it does at 50,75,100 yards. If you only shoot pcc matches where things are stretched out more then that's where i'd sight it to. If I were signed up for a PCC match I would make every effort to find out what the stages look like in advance and get an idea of distances expected then sight it in for that.

On 12/17/2019 at 10:09 AM, Sarge said:

I remember listening to a couple of local shooters talk about the lucas oil PCC match a few years back. Many got taken by surprise when they had to shoot a few 100 yard targets. Many only shot local matches and had everything zeroed at 15-20 yards. The PCC is more than capable of handling it but only if you know what the rounds are doing at that range. I would still think a mini red dot would be fine for any match. My preference would be to sight it in for what you shoot most. If it's local matches at only pistol distances 95% of the time that's where I'd sight to, then see what it does at 50,75,100 yards. If you only shoot pcc matches where things are stretched out more then that's where i'd sight it to. If I were signed up for a PCC match I would make every effort to find out what the stages look like in advance and get an idea of distances expected then sight it in for that.

I sight my PCC in for 50 yds. covers Steel Challenge, 2x4 for 3 gun and if I ever shoot a USPSA match with it. I shot USPSA Limited.

Going to a big match I do want to know the furthest distance, to check offsets.

• 1 month later...

Holosum 510C; dot, circle and circle dot reticles all on the same dot.

In AZ we might have a precision target (golf ball) at 10 yds and stuff out to 50-100 yds.

Check your zero at 15 yrd then at 100. You might be surprised at the POA/POI results.