Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load for 147 rmr fp

Bjay

Looking for load..will be using it on my staccato 4" barrel.

Factory recoil springs.

For recreation and practice for speed shooting..

I got n320 wst tightgroup And n350

Hoping to find n350 loads. Trying to save n320 for my limited 40sw 

Tnx in advance

You are going to want to be picky about brass with the extremely long shank on that bullet.   Nothing with a thick web is going to work. 

You also won't likely get enough N350 into a case to do any good with the seating depths you are likely to need.   I run 5.1gr behind a 147gr HST loaded to 1.125"and I bulge brass like nobodies business.  I had to switch to nickel plated cases, and I have to seat slowly as to not bulge the cases. 

29 minutes ago, chevrofreak said:

You are going to want to be picky about brass with the extremely long shank on that bullet.   Nothing with a thick web is going to work. 

You also won't likely get enough N350 into a case to do any good with the seating depths you are likely to need.   I run 5.1gr behind a 147gr HST loaded to 1.125"and I bulge brass like nobodies business.  I had to switch to nickel plated cases, and I have to seat slowly as to not bulge the cases. 

Are you seating them 1.125 to fit in your magazines? I think STI has long throat and plenty oal inside magazines?maybe we can stretch oal a bit?

39 minutes ago, Bjay said:

Are you seating them 1.125 to fit in your magazines? I think STI has long throat and plenty oal inside magazines?maybe we can stretch oal a bit?

1.125" is what the factory HST loads are, and I mimic that.   The HST is a round nose, so they can be loaded a bit longer than the RMR "match winners".   With the RMR match winner in 124gr, which has an identical profile to the 147gr just a shorter bearing surface, I have to load to I believe  1.090" to get them to chamber in my CZ's.   You may very well get away with a longer OAL in your particular chamber.   

9 hours ago, chevrofreak said:

1.125" is what the factory HST loads are, and I mimic that.   The HST is a round nose, so they can be loaded a bit longer than the RMR "match winners".   With the RMR match winner in 124gr, which has an identical profile to the 147gr just a shorter bearing surface, I have to load to I believe  1.090" to get them to chamber in my CZ's.   You may very well get away with a longer OAL in your particular chamber.   

Ty brother..

How do we determine the jump from our o-give?

On 12/3/2019 at 5:39 AM, 4n2t0 said:

- How to determine OAL: https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=34225.msg189131#msg189131 (If your bullet doesn't easily collapse just use the seating die to shorten the OAL incrementally until it plunks)

- Plunk test:

I tried 147 rmr 1.142 and it plunk..did a load dev 4.1 4.4  4.6 4.8

This 4.8 at 25y using red dot. Arm was just on range bag no vice was used..

Less than 1.75 i think its pretty good?

https://imgur.com/a/w97KRoU

51 minutes ago, 4n2t0 said:

I don't use Red Dot but that sounds like a big ol' scoop of powder. Where did you get your load data from? Do you have a chrono?

Actually 4.1 n350 wont even cycle enough to eject or lock slide..not till 4.6

I know a guy using 5.1

Load shows at VV lapua site here

https://imgur.com/a/9tCTeya

Dont be stingy with your N320, it just seems to be the sweet spot on the powder chart for RMR and Zero 147s. 3.4 to 3.5 gr is the perfect load for these projectiles, soft and flat. My buddy calls the mild report with these loads 'unicorn farts' in my Tanfos. Pixi dust that N320 is

14 hours ago, 67rschev said:

Dont be stingy with your N320, it just seems to be the sweet spot on the powder chart for RMR and Zero 147s. 3.4 to 3.5 gr is the perfect load for these projectiles, soft and flat. My buddy calls the mild report with these loads 'unicorn farts' in my Tanfos. Pixi dust that N320 is

Im just trying to build accurate n350 load for practice.i need to burn my 3lb n350 ir build open gun(im not doing) :)

im still not yet on competitive level so just getting my fundemantals,developing faster follow up etc.