Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clarification on CCP.

chrisrdba

Greetings. I've been out of shooting for a few years and looking to get back in to it. One of the things I want to do is get in to IDPA. My goals for this are mainly to avoid static shooting, draw from concealment, use cover, etc. while using a pistol I may actually use in either CCW or for home defense. 

That said at this point I have no desire to use a fancy vest, shoot w a gun that looks like a blaster from Star Wars, etc. I'm aware my feelings on this stuff may change if I get hooked, but that's just where I'm at for now. 

Anyways, I rented a Gen 5 Glock 19 yesterday and loved it. So much that I want to ditch my 4" PPQ M2 and get one. I also own a Gen 4, but that's purely b/c it's the only pistol I own that my wife likes -- I hate that gun. IMO Glock removing the finger grooves was a huge step in the right direction. 

All said I think CCP is the division for me, and I was just reading the rules for it. If I'm not mistaken from reading the rules, a G19 w an Apex flat faced trigger would be perfectly legal in CCP -- is this correct? It's also something I'd have no issue carrying, so it could serve as double duty for both carry and competition.  

Thanks

CCP is ESP in a smaller Box, and I would consider the Apex trigger to fall under: 

K. Aftermarket triggers and trigger work that result in the trigger being forward or rearward from the stock trigger

position.

L. Externally visible trigger over travel stops.

M. Hammer and other trigger action parts to enhance trigger pull.

But I am not your MD, so ask before you splurge.