Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ulitimate Fighter 2

Rikarin

I finally get around to watch first episodes of Ulitimate Fighter 2. Its reality show I hate usually but this one is so different.

Season 2 is bit boring though. While season 1 fighters got drunk and pee on someone elses' bed (serious) got mad and punch through the glass, bicker and squall, season 2 figters read bible at night. I mean, hey, we are here to watch the drama!

But when you watch figther's human drama, you invest emotionally. So, like, when they actually get up on UFC cage, I feel like they are my brothers, you know?

My favorite fighter is Forrest. :wub: He is the last surviver from the Ulitimate Fighter 1. He looks like a monkey and has over-sized ears and all, his personality is just so unique and amazing. He'd be bleeding all over fighting and still smiling, really enjoying the fights. Sorry Matt Hughes, you are cute and all but I like Forrest better!

He is going to fight agaist Elvis Sinosic on October 7th. I am really looking forward to even though I don't even want to look at the main event fighter Andrei... he is so creepy. Ewwwwww.

Be there!

Edited by Rikarin

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The heavyweights this season are too soft! Every one of them is nursing an injury of some sort. The welterweights seem like they will have some good matches though. Very athletic. So far, I liked last seasons guys better. They just seemed tougher.

I don't think any of this season's fights can hold a candle to last season's fights.

I also recorded last night's episode, and will watch it tonight. I screwed up and changed channels just in time to see who lost, but the fight was already over. I'm hoping it's a least a good fight.

I don't think any of this season's fights can hold a candle to last season's fights.

I also recorded last night's episode, and will watch it tonight.  I screwed up and changed channels just in time to see who lost, but the fight was already over.  I'm hoping it's a least a good fight.

Last nights was pretty good, worth a short nights sleep.

Freakin' brutal.

I totally understand what it means but I always thought its very interesting to hear the expression of "have a lot of heart" in MMA. I'd love a guy with a big heart, a lot of heart, tender heart, etc etc... but in MMA, its so different meaning. ;)

Ok.  I've watching it now.  I think Rich's technique on the challenge was pretty chicken shjt.  The fight was great, but the loss of Jorge will be bad.  Now who will Matt torment.  Jorge was so EASY!!! :lol:

Hughes team was amazing in the challenge. Why even have challenges if Dana allows the other team to puss out? I was glad to see Jorge lose. I'm still not sure why Jorge had such a dislike for Jason. May be Monday we'll see some decent heavyweight action.

Edited by walangkatapat

I finally get around to watch first episodes of Ulitimate Fighter 2.  Its reality show I hate usually but this one is so different.

Season 2 is bit boring though.  While season 1 fighters got drunk and pee on someone elses' bed (serious) got mad and punch through the glass, bicker and squall,  season 2 figters read bible at night.  I mean, hey, we are here to watch the drama!

But when you watch figther's human drama, you invest emotionally.  So, like, when they actually get up on UFC cage, I feel like they are my brothers, you know?

My favorite fighter is Forrest.  :wub:  He is the last surviver from the Ulitimate Fighter 1. He looks like a monkey and has over-sized ears and all, his personality is just so unique and amazing.  He'd be bleeding all over fighting and still smiling, really enjoying the fights.  Sorry Matt Hughes, you are cute and all but I like Forrest better! 

He is going to fight agaist Elvis Sinosic on October 7th.  I am really looking forward to even though I don't even want to look at the main event fighter Andrei... he is so creepy.  Ewwwwww.

Be there!

Forrest also acts like a monkey. :P

Hughes team was amazing in the challenge. Why even have challenges if Dana allows the other team to puss out? I was glad to see Jorge lose. I'm still not sure why Jorge had such a dislike for Jason. May be Monday we'll see some decent heavyweight action.

They should have had them both going at he same time. I don't Jorge disliked Jason particularly, he just was mad at Matt and wanted revenge against anyone on Matt's team. I don't understand why Matt dislikes Jason so much. He really doesn't seem to have any loyalty towards his own team (Matt doesn't). This is the second fight in which he said beforehand that he could not lose (he could either win the fight, or lose a fighter he didn't care for anyway).

They should have had them both going at he same time.  I don't Jorge disliked Jason particularly, he just was mad at Matt and wanted revenge against anyone on Matt's team.  I don't understand why Matt dislikes Jason so much.  He really doesn't seem to have any loyalty towards his own team (Matt doesn't).  This is the second fight in which he said beforehand that he could not lose (he could either win the fight, or lose a fighter he didn't care for anyway).

That would have been a great idea to have that particular challenge going on at the same time. I realize that one team or another could have thrown the challenge, but at least your way there would have been an attempt to compete and that's what it's all about. I'm pretty sure on a previous episode that Jorge said he didn't like Jason for one reason or another (I believe it was the episode when Jason first came in the house). Apparently Jason gave up during some of Matt's training and since Hughes is a hardass he didn't care for Jason giving up. On the loyalty issue I'm with you that Matt doesn't really seem to care about certain fighters on the team, but that might be because of Matt's hardass attitude. Wasn't the fighter that was complaining how bad his shoulder was hurting on Matt's team?

Edited by walangkatapat

Now that you mention it, I DO remember Jorge saying he was going to get Jason out of the house as quickly as possible. That was on the episode when Jason came into the house.

The guy with the bad shoulder WAS on Matt's team. He's the other guy Matt was referring to when he said he could not lose this fight.

After Jason beat Jorge I was disappointed that Matt wouldn't even congratulate Jason for beating the best fighter on Franklin's Team, instead Matt continues to play solitaire. For a coach that wants his fighters to let it all hang out in the octagon Jason was a perfect example of this(unlike Matt's heavyweights) and yet Matt does the ultimate disrespect by giving Jason to Franklin's team. Well Jason did the right thing to Matt, both middle fingers standing at attention. Go team Franklin!

It is really becoming obvious that Matt is a giant jerk.

Did anyone see Ultimate Fight Night Live where Josh Koscheck was about 30 seconds from what would have been a unanimous decision when he got kicked in the head and choked unconcious?

It is really becoming obvious that Matt is a giant jerk. 

Did anyone see Ultimate Fight Night Live where Josh Koscheck was about 30 seconds from what would have been a unanimous decision when he got kicked in the head and choked unconcious?

That was great. It isn’t over until it's over! It's great to see some UFC that's not pay per view. I think Nate fighting Franklin he is getting in over his head, but like Nate said he can't pass on the opportunity.