Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bill drill suggestion and opinions

A33435

In your next match one of the stages consists about

1 target ±8 yards, starting position in a shooting box,

waepon loaded in holster. 6 hits virginia count required

This looks like a 8 yard bill drill.

Asuming the defenition starting position it would be allowed after the starting signal to do one or two steps forward.

I haven't got time to practice this live fire before this match but what's the opinion.

Is it wise to reduce the shooting distance by taking step(s) forward while drawing and shooting?

My current times for a 7 yard billdrill

are

- fastest 2.06

- aspected 2.25

- cold 2.35 (ariving at range, loading, shooting)

I can't get my draw (without missing the A sometimes) under 1.05

I think for me it would be wise to stay in the box and not reduce the shooting distance.

DVC

Adrie

Heheh, you're a lil' late aintcha?:) I wouldn't mess around anymore and just get comfortable with the way you practiced this before. You did great in practice. Now just do what you have to in the match tomorrow. Take it easy and shoot all A's.

See you tomorrow.

Well that's my intention spook just do what has to be done!

After i heart one of the (open class shooters) that organisezes this match coul clear this stage in 1.7 (6 A's)with a standard G17 i was wondering if there was something i overlooked in this sames to be simple stage.

The term starting position came in mind after reading the stage descrebitions.

I know this open class shooter could do this "easily" with his Bull but with a standard G17?  Anyway he is one of the best.

Greetings

Adrie

It's all about relaxation and timing. You've got to see the sight coming back down and have the trigger waiting for it to do so.

Anyway, don't get all worked up about the one stage, as that causes tension...

Plus, you won't win the match on this stage, but 2 mikes would hurt a lot.

Just watch the gun and shoot your pace.

I don't know if I'd step forward or not. Have to practice that a little.

SA

You can shoot A's at 8 yds as quickly as you can at 3 or 4, so, don't get too tricky, just stand there and shoot A's, as quickly as possible of course. :) (Unless you're Ed Migivern. Meaning - you can shoot five shots in a group the size of your hand in 2/5 of a second while "thrusting your entire body toward the target." I've seen the video.)

be

• 2 weeks later...

the .40 second was with the 38. His times with the .45 revolver were considerably slower. His 38 loads were so wimpy that they might as well have been a .22. His 45 loads were 185 grs at 700 fps, in a 6" barrel. His time started when the hammer fell on the first rd, so he actually cycled the gun 4x in .40 second, or .10 second splits.