Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cerakote mags

jaysrgu

Not sure why you would want to do this. This would hinder you sliding mags in and out of your gun. Don’t forget to wipe them down man! Lol your giving up reliable dropping of the mag either way. If they rust, that’s bad. If you paint them, that’s bad. 

8 hours ago, nikdanja said:

Not sure why you would want to do this. This would hinder you sliding mags in and out of your gun. Don’t forget to wipe them down man! Lol your giving up reliable dropping of the mag either way. If they rust, that’s bad. If you paint them, that’s bad. 

pretty odvious why i want to do this,if you have no experience with it why would u comment ? did u know cerakote has a very high lubricity? 10% less then teflon,did u know that its thickness is around 1 thou,x2 sides is 2 thou,no i didnt think so 

5 hours ago, WhiteDingo said:

I would not personally cerakote handgun magazines. Chrome or electroless nickel perhaps, but there are fewer that do that. Mahovsky's in PA is reasonable price wise.

this is another option i might look into price is a huge factor,thankyou for the idea. 

5 hours ago, jaysrgu said:

this is another option i might look into price is a huge factor,thankyou for the idea. 

Elcroless nickel would be a great option. Might be expensive. Why don’t you just leave your mags in a bag with a. Little oils on a patch? That might be a little cheaper

On 11/9/2019 at 1:07 AM, jaysrgu said:

pretty odvious why i want to do this,if you have no experience with it why would u comment ? did u know cerakote has a very high lubricity? 10% less then teflon,did u know that its thickness is around 1 thou,x2 sides is 2 thou,no i didnt think so 

Cerakote has "lubricity"?  LOL, sure it does.....

If you came here for feedback, you're going to get some that agrees with you and some that doesn't.  That's just how it works.  It's not for you to dictate what kind of answers you get.

For the record I agree with him and I think it's a dumb idea, but knock yourself out.

I've been shooting CZs for years and have never had a single speck of rust on any of the 15 or so magazines I have laying around.  And I don't treat them with kid gloves either.