Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Roller coaster. Yesterday I helped Benny board up his shop and get ready for the storm, then I came home and packed all my papers and pics and stuff I could take with me. I live in a trailer and figured I would lose everthing, but nothing to do about it, just get ready to leave and probaly start over. Now I just hope we get some rain out of this storm. But our neighbors up the coast are going to need some prayers and help over the next few days. Lets all give them a thought over the next week or so.-----Larry

Thank you, everyone.

I've prepared my home the best I could, this laptop will be the last thing packed. I should be at TCH between 4-6am for the "ride out" phase. I'm also taking my video camera so if I can get footage, I'll share it. I'll try and check in here and update from work.

It's hot as hell and I'm scared to death... this sucks!

Take care!

Well, it certainly could have been exponentially worse, but that experience was just awful.

Fortunately, Texas Children's hospital sustained very minor damage (one broken window) and has remained fully operational. In fact, it is one of the very few hospitals in the area that is able to accept admissions.

I just returned home, and all is ok here too. I have power and no structural damage. I have no idea what Rita's toll was on the rest of the impacted areas. On my way home, I saw a lot of broken windows, downed trees, tilted electric and telephone polls, but all in all we faired extremely well.

I'm absolutely sick to my stomach and my head feels like it's going to burst... (barometric pressure changes? or the whole experience??? :wacko: ) I'm off to get some much needed rest.

Thanks for all the well wishes!

icon12.gif

Edited by Sniper

I'm absolutely sick to my stomach and my head feels like it's going to burst...  (barometric pressure changes? or the whole experience???  :wacko: )  I'm off to get some much needed rest.

Pressure changes can trigger headaches, migraines, all sorts of stuff. When I'm over fatigued, I get nauseous sometimes. Could be both :) Stress couldn't have anything to do with it, I'm sure.... ;):rolleyes:

Sounds like y'all had the typical damage from a lot of high speed wind. Lucky... we got lucky over here in Austin, too - just windy last night and today. Could have been much worse for this part of the state, too. I haven't seen any damage reports, yet - I hope the folks up the TX/LA are faring as well as can be... :(

Well, the Houston area really dodged a bullet this time..but the people in Beaumont, Port Arthur and wester Louisiana really need our prayers and help now...

It was blustery winds to about 60mph here in the Woodlands and we only got like .5 inches of rain...my grass is still dry...some smaller branches and lots of pine cones and sweet gum balls but nothing major...did tear the gate off my back yard, but it will give me something to do today...

All the comments are right on about supplies...still little gasoline in the area, and even less food at the stores..but do not forget to lay in a supply of propane if you have a grill...at least you can cook the thawing food from your freezer if your power stays out for more than two days...

Glad everyone fared ok...it was a bit scary...