Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EASILY reloadable 23rds for Walther

MemphisMechanic

So I'm a bit confused here (and perhaps a bit dull to boot) - what tube and basepad are you running with this setup? You mention using the stock PPQ tubes, but the basepad in the pic doesn't look nearly big enough to get to 140mm. Is this nominally compatible with the major 140mm basepad offerings from TF etc.?

4 minutes ago, random_guy7531 said:

So I'm a bit confused here (and perhaps a bit dull to boot) - what tube and basepad are you running with this setup? You mention using the stock PPQ tubes, but the basepad in the pic doesn't look nearly big enough to get to 140mm. Is this nominally compatible with the major 140mm basepad offerings from TF etc.?

I run TTI +5s, primarily because I refuse to use tools to remove a basepad anytime it hits sand or mud to clean it.

Factory PPQ mag body.

• 2 months later...

I'm using these in my CO gun but I also put one in my one of my STI mags and that mag puked on me twice, binding up at the bottom and causing the salt shaker effect, so I'm not using it anymore. Hopefully the Walther isn't susceptible to the same issue. It's possible it was related to a worn or out of spec mag spring, not really sure, but that mag works fine with Grams followers

@waktasz I have only shot two matches with them, lately I switched back to production for some time with good old irons.

While they proved reliable, I don’t have a large enough sample to say that they’re bombproof by any means. Particularly because there is such a huge variable present in how each one is fit to the magazine tube.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2019 at 11:20 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

I run TTI +5s, primarily because I refuse to use tools to remove a basepad anytime it hits sand or mud to clean it.

Factory PPQ mag body.

I’m using the TTI +5 and the Grams P320 spring & follower but am having issues with getting over 20 rounds.  I’m not using the ultra thin follower currently. Is there something special you do to get to 22 or do you just mash the heck out of it?

26 minutes ago, waktasz said:

It helps to use a mag loader, but in your case the follower is probably catching the lip between the mag tub and the extension. Sometimes you have to smooth out that edge 

Thanks bud, I will give that a try.  Appreciate your time.

Agree with Matt. At 20 you’re pushing the follower out of the tube and down into the basepad. I always round the bottom of my followers and/or file a bevel on the top of the basepad to assist that transition.

Sometimes you just need to load the mag to 20ish and slam the bottom of the pad on a stout table to bounce / drive the follower down past the jump. Usually if you do that a few times with a mag it isn’t necessary anymore. Usually.

I never had to do it with  Walther tubes and extensions, but your mileage may vary.

27 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Agree with Matt. At 20 you’re pushing the follower out of the tube and down into the basepad. I always round the bottom of my followers and/or file a bevel on the top of the basepad to assist that transition.

Sometimes you just need to load the mag to 20ish and slam the bottom of the pad on a stout table to bounce / drive the follower down past the jump. Usually if you do that a few times with a mag it isn’t necessary anymore. Usually.

I never had to do it with  Walther tubes and extensions, but your mileage may vary.

I’ll give it a try.  Thanks for your help!