Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions for a P320 X5 with a light "SC" load

dgrdvm

Thanks in advance all. 

So, earlier I had asked about light, "bunny fart" loads for steel challenge, and was told that yes, those are something that people do.

I played around and found that a 115 grain rnd nose over 3.3 grains of VV N320 was very soft and flat, and hits pretty well where the dot is already out to 15-18 yards, but will not cycle the pistol well, and it stove pipes, or won't feed. I was thinking a softer recoil spring will solve this ? 

The pistol I am shooting is a P320 X5 with a solid guide rod, normally running a 14 lb spring. Any ideas on the best spring to order ?  I was thinking a 9 or 10 lb spring, but thought I would see about mining the brain trust here before I order.

I know a lot of people like a 12lb spring for the x5 with standard minor pf loads. I'd try 10-12lb springs myself and see how it feels and cycles. The downside to going too light on the spring is you might have an issue with feeding and barrel lockup. What's the pf of your loads?'

Try a 13 lbs variable from Wolff.  Mine all cycle and lock up.

If you ride the slide at all the pre tension will stop from full lock up.

So let it rip or push it forward before holstering etc.

I'd get an 11-13 spring pack from them to try different weights 

• 3 weeks later...

Just an up date - I loaded some 115gr bullets over 3.3 gr VV N320, and even a 10 lb spring was not running it well. Super soft round, and POI was OK out to 20 yards ( indoor range) but I had to rack every other round out at least. I will crank the load up a bit and see how that works. 

• 1 month later...